• Packer Historical Center, 112 W. Main St., Anna, is open Wednesdays and Sundays froom 1 to 4 p.m. The hours will change to Thursdays from 6 to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m. beginning in September.
• Amos Memorial Library is currently open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Patrons are asked to wear a face mask when entering the library and limit their visit to 30 minutes. Children under the age of 16 should be accompanied by an adult. Patrons should expect a three to four day delay on returns due to cleaning procedures. Curbside pickup is still available during library hours.
• The Piqua Public Library is currently open from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Patrons are asked to wear a face mask when entering the library and limit their visit from 30 to 60 minutes. Only 30 patrons will be permitted inside the library at a time. In addition, the library will continue to offer curbside services. Patrons can request items by calling the Library at 937-773-6753 or by visiting the library’s online catalog at piqualibrary.org.
• The Auglaize District Public Library System is offering curbside services to patrons. Patrons can select items for pickup through the library’s online catalogue, or by calling their library. Patrons can schedule a pick-up time for their items online or with a librarian.
• The Historic Sidney Theatre hosts a virtual open mic night on their website and Facebook page every Saturday evening at 7 p.m. Musicians, singers, dancers, poets, comedians, and more are invited to send a video of them displaying their talent to the Historic Sidney Theatre’s Instagram, Facebook, or through email to email@example.com. All acts must be family-friendly and videos must be no longer than five minutes long. Acts that are chosen will be notified the week their act is featured in the show.
• Brukner Nature Center will be holding their 6th annual Monarch Celebration, sponsored by the Troy Noon Optimists, throughout September. Anyone participating can hike Sugar Bush Trail around Cattail Pond and enjoy the self-guided trail, developed specially for the Monarch Celebration. Brukner’s Facebook page has posts on Monarchs with links to videos, cool facts, native plants to add to a garden, plus much more. The Monarch Quiz Sheet can be downloaded at http://bruknernaturecenter.com/monarch-celebration.html and completed forms can be placed in the envelope on the front door of the Interpretive Center by Oct. 5 to be included in a drawing for fun prizes!
• Martial arts classes teaching karate and jujitsu will be held from children aged 6 through adults at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA. Classes will be held on Fridays from 6 to 7 p.m. for beginners at a cost of $22 for members and $40 for non-members for four classes. Advanced classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. and cost $44 for members and $80 for non-members for four classes. All classes are taught by Sensei David Smith, in partnership with Jukido-Kai School-Martial Arts.
• Kinetics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Mommy & Me (parent & child, ages 10 to 24 months); Pre-School Gymnastics (ages 2 to 5); Youth Gymnastics (ages 6+); Pre-Team Gymnastics; Acobatic Gymnastics; Cheerleading classes; Tumbling classes; and Competitive Gymnastics Team. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Aquatics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Water Discovery/Exploration (parent & child, ages 6 months to 3 years); Preschool Swim Lessons (ages 3 to 6; swimmers in levels 1 through 3 must have a parent or adult in the water with the child); Youth Swim Lessons (ages 6+); Competitive Swim Team (Y Stingrays); Adult Swim Lessons (by appointment only); and Private & Semi-private Lessons available. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Brukner Nature Center is offering a “Backyard Wildlife Chat” program for anyone ages 3 to adult within a 30 mile radius of the Nature Center. Two Wildlife Ambassadors will come to a location of the participant’s choosing with hands-on props like furs, skulls, skins and skeletons for an educational experience. Cost for the program is $50 plus mileage for members and $75 plus mileage for nonmembers. Programs are offered during the day and can be arranged for the evening for an additional $25. If the weather isn’t favorable, the program will be rescheduled for a later date as this is an outdoor program only. To schedule a program, contact 937-698-6493 any time from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Open registration for PEEP Fall 2 Session will be on Monday, Oct. 5 for children currently not enrolled. Sessions are offered on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday mornings from 9:30 to 11 a.m., or Thursday afternoons from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Fall PEEP Session 2 will run from Nov. 2 through Dec. 18. Cost for the PEEP Fall 2 Session is only $55 for BNC Members per child or $75 for nonmembers per child. Cash or check only are accepted as payment. To pre-register, call 937-698-6493 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Brukner Nature Center’s River’s Edge Explorers will be held Wednesday, Oct. 7 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the River’s Edge Wildlife Preserve, 3909 Calumet Road, West Milton. The fee for this program is $3 for BNC Members and $6 for non-members (cash or check). To pre-register, call 937-698-6493 or email email@example.com. All program fees are non-refundable. Final deadline to register and pay is 5:00pm on Monday, Oct. 5.
• Brukner Nature Center’s Homeschool Nature Club will meet on Wednesday, Oct. 14 with sessions held from 9:30 to 11 a.m., 9:45 to 11:15 a.m., 2 to 3:30 p.m. and 2:15 to 3:45 p.m. The fee for the program is $3 for members and $6 for non-members, and the program is open to children ages 5 to 11. State guidelines for COVID-19 will be followed and all participants are required to wear face masks. To pre-register, call 937-698-6493 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All program fees are non-refundable. Final deadline to register and pay is Monday, Oct. 12 at 5 p.m.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 25
• The Sidney-Shelby County YMCA will host Family Ninja Night from 7 to 9 p.m. The event is open to anyone ages 5 and up. YMCA staff will guide participants as they train like a ninja warrior. There will be a friendly competition at the end of the night. Cost is $12 for an individual child or $20 for a family.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 27
• James Caruthers will perform a free concert at the New Bremen Crown Pavilion from noon to 2 p.m.