MINSTER — The 42nd Annual Minster Oktoberfest 2016 will be held Sept. 30, Oct. 1, and 2. The parade theme has been selected as Willkommen Freunde, which means Welcome Friends.
Anyone looking to submit an entry into the button design contest should follow these guidelines:
1. Design needs to be drawn in a 3 ½ inch circle.
2. No more than five colors.
3. Must have a wooden shoe somewhere in the design.
4. Must have the number, year, date and Minster, Ohio.
5. Designs must be submitted by May 1.
Send to: Button Design, C/O: L&S Mertz, 80 W. 2nd St., Minster, Ohio 45865.
Minster Oktoberfest Parade is also now accepting nominations for the 2016 grand marshal. The deadline for nominations is July 1. To make a nomination, send a letter stating reasons why the nominated person or organization deserves the title.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
• Must be a resident(current or past) of the Minster School District.
• Must have benefited the residents of the Minster community.
• Must have done so through volunteer work, not normal job duties: cannot have received money or benefits for the work.
• The volunteer has to have done more than just be associated with the project.
If volunteer work was associated with his/her job, it had to be significantly over and above the call of duty. Only applications received this year will be considered. Mail entries to Minster Oktoberfest Parade, P.O. Box 29, Minster, Ohio 45865.