BOTKINS — Donations and personnel items were approved by the Botkins Local School District Board of Education during its Feb. 10 meeting.
The board accepted a donation of $100 from Buckeye Ford to be used for the FFA; $1,000 from the Botkins Athletic Boosters to be used for a new baseball pitching machine; and $50 from Mr. and Mrs. Glenn Bayless to be used for the athletic fund.
The resignation of Jodi Alig, second-grade teacher, was accepted effective at the end of the 2020-21 school year.
The board hired Kara Gillman and Alyshia Hensley as substitute teachers for the 2020-21 school year at a rate of $90 per day. They also hired Raquel Brown as an after-school tutor.
Jason Rogers will be a volunteer as a track coach for the 2020-21 school year.
In other business, the board:
• Approved the treasurer’s report by fund, general fund activity, the investment report, and cash balances report as presented.
• Approved to amend the Certificate of Estimated Resources, make supplemental Appropriations and modify appropriations as presented.
• Approved the repayment of an advance from Fund 507-9020 to the general fund.
• Approved book fees for the 2021-22 school year as presented.
• Recognized indoor track for the 2020-21 season.
• Approved membership in the OHSAA for the 2021-22 school year.
• Entered executive session to consider the appointment, employment, dismissal, discipline, promotion, demotion or compensation of a public employee or official. No action was taken.