SIDNEY — Shelby County received a limited amount of COVID-19 vaccine for the week of March 8.
Ohio’s COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Timeline:
• Phase 1C of Ohio’s vaccination program goes in effect Thursday, March 4. Eligible Ohioans include those with medical conditions that increase risks for severe outcomes from the disease, including pregnant women, those with Type I diabetes and individuals that have had bone marrow transplants. Those with ALS currently qualify to receive the vaccine.
• Phase 1C of vaccine eligibility includes law enforcement and corrections officers, firefighters, childcare providers, and those that provide funeral services.
• Phase 2 begins on March 4 and includes Ohioans who are 60 and up.
Here are the providers for the vaccine this week: Sidney Shelby County Health Department, Wilson Health, Kroger, Walgreens, CVS pharmacies and Jackson Pharmacy & Wellness Center.
• Wilson Health and Health Department: If you are interested in receiving the vaccine notifications, register with the Health Department: http://www.shelbycountyhealthdept.org/ or call 937-498-7249
• Kroger Pharmacy: All COVID-19 vaccines will require an appointment. Visit https://www.kroger.com/rx/guest/get-vaccinated or call 866-211-5320 for vaccine availability.
• Walgreens: Schedule an appointment at https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19 or call 937-492-5340.
• CVS Pharmacy: The vaccine will be available by appointment only. Register at http://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine, use the CVS App, or call 800-679-9691.
• Jackson Pharmacy & Wellness Center: Drive-thru COVID-19 vaccines at the Jackson Center Fire Department (110 S. Linden St.) on Monday, March 8 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Enter on the school side. Bring your ID, insurance card(s), and wear a shirt that provides easy access to your upper arm. You will be asked to remain in your vehicle to be monitored for at least 15 minutes after vaccination. Vaccines by appointment only. Sign up for an appointment at https://hipaa.jotform.com/210614401190137
For those 65 and older who need transportation assistance to receive a vaccine, contact Area Agencies on Aging www.aging.ohio.gov or call 866-243-5678. If you need assistenace in registering for a vaccine call 937-223-4357.
“Thank you for your patience as we continue to move through the vaccine distribution phases,” said Wilson Health, Sidney-Shelby County Health Department and Shelby County Emergency Management Agency officials.