• Packer Historical Center, 112 W. Main St., Anna, is open Thursdays from 6 to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Amos Memorial Library is currently open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Patrons are asked to wear a face mask when entering the library and limit their visit to 30 minutes. Children under the age of 16 should be accompanied by an adult. Patrons should expect a three to four day delay on returns due to cleaning procedures. Curbside pickup is still available during library hours.
• The Piqua Public Library is currently open from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Patrons are asked to wear a face mask when entering the library and limit their visit from 30 to 60 minutes. Only 30 patrons will be permitted inside the library at a time. In addition, the library will continue to offer curbside services. Patrons can request items by calling the Library at 937-773-6753 or by visiting the library’s online catalog at piqualibrary.org.
• The Auglaize District Public Library System is offering curbside services to patrons. Patrons can select items for pickup through the library’s online catalogue, or by calling their library. Patrons can schedule a pick-up time for their items online or with a librarian.
• The Historic Sidney Theatre hosts a virtual open mic night on their website and Facebook page every Saturday evening at 7 p.m. Musicians, singers, dancers, poets, comedians, and more are invited to send a video of them displaying their talent to the Historic Sidney Theatre’s Instagram, Facebook, or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All acts must be family-friendly and videos must be no longer than five minutes long. Acts that are chosen will be notified the week their act is featured in the show.
• Martial arts classes teaching karate and jujitsu will be held from children aged 6 through adults at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA. Classes will be held on Fridays from 6 to 7 p.m. for beginners at a cost of $22 for members and $40 for non-members for four classes. Advanced classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. and cost $44 for members and $80 for non-members for four classes. All classes are taught by Sensei David Smith, in partnership with Jukido-Kai School-Martial Arts.
• Kinetics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Mommy & Me (parent & child, ages 10 to 24 months); Pre-School Gymnastics (ages 2 to 5); Youth Gymnastics (ages 6+); Pre-Team Gymnastics; Acrobatic Gymnastics; Cheerleading classes; Tumbling classes; and Competitive Gymnastics Team. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Aquatics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Water Discovery/Exploration (parent & child, ages 6 months to 3 years); Preschool Swim Lessons (ages 3 to 6; swimmers in levels 1 through 3 must have a parent or adult in the water with the child); Youth Swim Lessons (ages 6+); Competitive Swim Team (Y Stingrays); Adult Swim Lessons (by appointment only); and Private & Semi-private Lessons available. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• The Sidney-Shelby County YMCA will have “Nerf Blaster Battles” for youth ages 6 to 13 for eight weeks beginning Wednesday, Jan. 6. Participants are split into two squads and play a variety of games weekly. Participants can bring their own Nerf blaster. Eye protection is required; the YMCA will supply the darts. Games will include variations of capture the flag, team elimination, zombies, rescue the general and much more.
• The Sidney-Shelby County YMCA will hold H.Y.P.E. (Helping Young People Excel), a special class for youth ages 8 to 13 to help build character, strength and self-confidence while participating in active fun-filled games. The opportunity to get silly while socializing allows kids to connect to one another. Class will fit all participating youth’s skill level and be held at the Youth Center on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 5.
• Brukner Nature Center will hold their River’s Edge Explorers program beginning March 3. The program is offered to children ages 12 to 17 and the cost is $3 for members and $6 for nonmembers. Deadline for payment is 5 p.m. the Monday before each program.
• Brukner Nature Center will hold their “Spring Nocturnal Adventure” on Friday, March 19 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. for children in first through fourth grade. The topic for the program is “Surviving the Food Web”. State guidelines for COVID-19 will be observed. Currently, face masks will be required for all participants when inside the building and unable to distance. Program fee is $15 per child and $10 per adult. Registration and payment deadline is Wednesday, March 17.
• The Lockington Volunteer Fire Department will be serving tenderloin dinners on Saturday, March 27 from 5 to 7 p.m. or until sold out. Meals will include a Texas tenderloin, fries and applesauce for a cost of $8 per person. Meals will be drive-thru only and drinks will be available to purchase. For more information contact 937-606-0919.
• The McCartyville St. Patrick’s Day Celebration will be held from Thursday, March 11 to Saturday, March 13. Festivities include a carry-out fish fry, the Irish Jog from St. Patricks to McCartyville, a parade, and a benefit putter golf outing. For more information, visit the McCartyville St. Patrick’s Day Celebration Facebook page.
• The Shelby County Trustees and Fiscal Officers Association will hold its annual fish fry on Friday, March 26, at the Shelby County Fairgrounds. The meal is carry-out only from 5 to 8 p.m. or until all the dinners are sold out. The cost of the meal is $7, which includes fish, coleslaw and a roll. Proceeds from the fish fry allow the association to make donations to various Shelby County organizations including, Sidney-Shelby Economic Partnership, Compassionate Care, Salvation Army, Charity League, Big Brothers Big Sisters and area county school FFA’s.
• The Maria Stein Legion Auxiliary will be holding its annual garage sale from March 24 through the 26. Hours for the sale will be 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on March 24 and 25 and 9 a.m. to noon on March 26. March 26 will also be buck a bag day and 50% off all big items.
FRIDAY, MARCH 13
• The Knights of Columbus, Sidney Chapter, will be hosting a fish fry from 5 to 7 p.m. at 1300 N. Fourth Ave., Sidney. Cost is $8 for carry-out and $5 for children 11 and under. Dine-in is unavailable at this time.