Sidney City Council
SIDNEY — The Sidney City Council will hold a special meeting on Monday, March 22, 2021, at 5 p.m. The meeting will be held by a hybrid method, with board members in attendance in council chambers and others welcome to join virtually.
The purpose of the meeting is for City Council to hold an executive session to discuss the employment of a public employee.
Upper Valley Career Center
PIQUA — The Upper Valley Career Center Board of Education will meet Monday, March 22, at 6 p.m. in the Adams Board Room.
Items on the agenda include reports from the board president, board members and superintendent, accepting donations and personnel issues.
Sidney City Council
SIDNEY — The Sidney City Council will hold a regular meeting on Monday, March 22, 2020, at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be held by a hybrid method, with board members in attendance in council chambers and others welcome to join virtually.
There will be a presentation on Sidney Fire awards and promotions and also the municipal building renovation.
Council is expected to adopt four ordinances, and they are:
• To access the cost of weed cutting and weed removal of litter and junk;
• To amend, enact and renumber certain sections of a chapter of the codified ordinances, pertaining to parking downtown;
• To amend the traffic control map downtown;
• For the rezoning of a plat of land from an I-1 light industrial district to a B-2 community business district.
Council is expected to adopt three resolutions, and they are:
• To approve the amended agreement and bylaws of the Miami Valley Risk Management Association (MVRMA);
• To City Manager Mark Cundiff to enter into a contract to purchase real property for the acquisition of the property situated at 1315 S. Main Ave.;
• To oppose Ohio Bill 157 amending the law regarding the withholding of municipal earned income tax for those working either virtually or at home.
There will be discussion on the inflow and infiltration program update.
Council will go into an executive session to discuss pending or imminent court action.
MRESC Governing Board
BELLEFONTAINE — The Midwest Regional Educational Service Center’s Governing Board March meeting date has been changed to Thursday, March 25. The meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. at 1973 State Route 47 W., Bellefontaine, Ohio.
Midwest Regional Educational Service Center
BELLEFONTAINE — The Midwest Regional Educational Service Center receive federal Special Education IDEA Part B funds for the Shelby County local school districts to assist with the education of handicapped children ages 3 through 21. Community members who would like to have input into the planning of the use of the federal IDEA funds are welcome to provide comment during a public hearing to be held on March 25, 2021, at 6:30 p.m. at 1973 State Route 47 W, Bellefontaine, Ohio.
Regional Planning Commission
SIDNEY — The Shelby County Regional Planning Commission will meet Friday, March 25, at 12:15 p.m. at the group meeting room in the basement of the annex. Items on the agenda include discussing the articles of incorporation, determining the amount of expenses that can be approved by the director, approval of surveys and the director’s report.