SIDNEY — A Monday evening fire on Fair Oaks Drive is under investigation by the Sidney Fire Department Investigation Unit.
According to Assistant Chief Eric Barhorst’s press release, firefighters were dispatched to 1861 Fair Oaks Drive for a structure fire at 7:59 p.m. on Monday, March 22.
On arrival, firefighters found a single-family home with heavy fire showing from the rear of residence with extension into the attic space. The fire on the rear of the residence was being fed by a nearby natural gas meter. All occupants were out of the residence upon arrival.
Firefighters completed an aggressive interior attack into the attic space while working to extinguish the fire on the exterior of the home. Crews had to work around a down power line in the rear of the residence. The natural gas was controlled at the meter by fire personnel.
A box alarm was dispatched to recall all off-duty Sidney firefighters as well as Anna and Lockington fire departments and the Perry Port Salem Rescue Squad.
Vectren was called to the scene to secure the gas and AES Ohio to secure the power.
The loss to the property, owned by Peaks Enterprises LLC, is estimated at $70,000 and $15,000 to contents.
One firefighter was injured during the fire and was evaluated at Wilson Health.
The fire is undetermined at this time and remains under investigation.