SIDNEY — Spring is in the air and the Easter Bunny will be hopping around the area soon.
This year several churches and organizations in the community will be holding egg hunts. Below are the dates, times and details for community egg hunts:
Saturday, March 27:
• Lockington Volunteer Fire Department will host a community egg hunt beginning 1 p.m. at 10363 Museum Trail, Piqua.
• The Rotary of New Bremen, Minster, and New Knoxville is hosting an Easter Egg Distribution at 1 p.m. in the parking lot behind the library. This replaces the traditional Easter egg hunt which was canceled due to COVID-19 concerns.
• Sidney Alive will be hosting an ongoing Easter egg hunt until 4 p.m. April 1. Participants can grab a hunt sheet from the Sidney Alive office, pick them up at a downtown business, or print them off at home and hunt for eggs that are numbered and in storefront windows of participating downtown businesses. Sheets can be dropped off at the Sidney Alive office any time before 4 p.m. on April 1, and a winner will be drawn for a prize pack. Additionally, anyone who drops off sheets during business hours will receive a gift.
Sunday, March 28:
• The Fort Loramie Community Fire Department will host an egg hunt beginning 1 p.m. at Village of Fort Loramie Youth Park. Children in pre-school through third grade are welcome to participate.
Saturday, April 3:
• The American Legion Post 444 Auxiliary will host an egg hunt at New Knoxville Community Park at 1 p.m. The egg hunt is open to children one year through second grade.
• The Osgood Easter egg hunt will be held at 1 p.m. at the Osgood American Legion. The hunt is for preschool through third-grade children.
Sunday, April 4:
• Sidney First United Methodist Church will hold an egg hunt for children following their 11 a.m. service. The egg hunt will be held on the church grounds.