SIDNEY —The Sidney Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) approved a conditional use permit during its hybrid-style meeting Monday.
The request of Christina Fullenkamp for a conditional use permit was OK’d for a home occupation to produce soy wax candles at 770 Foraker Ave., in the R-1, single family residence district.
The conditional use permit request was approved subject to the following findings:
• The use compliance certificate must be obtained prior to commencing business operations;
• The business must obtain all necessary federal, state, and local permits and inspections to comply with all applicable codes;
• The establishment, maintenance or operation of the conditional use will not be detrimental to or endanger the public health, safety, morals or general welfare;
• The conditional use will not be injurious to the use and enjoyment of other properties in the immediate vicinity for the purposes already permitted, or will not substantially diminish and impair property value within the neighborhood;
• The establishment of the conditional use will not impede the normal and orderly development and improvement of surrounding property for uses permitted in the district;
• Adequate utilities, access roads, drainage and other necessary facilities have been or are being provided;
• Adequate measures have been or will be taken to provide ingress and egress so designed to minimize traffic congestion in the public streets; and
• The conditional use will be located in a district where such use is permitted and all requirements set forth in the zoning code and applicable to such conditional use will be met.
At the end of the meeting, Board Chair Mary Paulus reminded all attending next month’s ZBA meeting will be held in person in Council Chambers in City Hall for members, and also for any members of the public who wish to participate. The governor’s order expired July 1, 2021, requiring public meetings to be held virtually.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4823.