FORT LORAMIE — Salesmen, peddlers, solicitors and canvassers will have to register to operate in Fort Loramie, following passage by the village council recently of an ordinance requiring them to do so.
The final reading of the ordinance was passed by a unanimous vote during the council’s regular meeting, June 8.
In other business, the council:
• Gave first readings to two ordinances that would effect a opt-out electric and gas service aggregation programs and put the questions on an upcoming ballot.
• Passed a resolution to participate in the National Flood Insurance Program.
• Passed resolutions suspending ordinances in order to permit beer consumption in Youth Park during Liberty Days and during an alumni softball tournament.
• Approved the Woodland Estates Subdivision final plat. Lot No. 639 will be deeded to the village.
• Approved payment to Tom’s Construction of $52,270.75 for material and work on street improvements.
• Heard reports as follows: The total income tax receipt for May 2015 was $125, 789,69, making the total for the year $669,372.43 with refunds being $14,965.34, making the total net receipt $654,407.09. The total receipts for the year is up $62,337.25 or 10.3 percent from 2014.
Youth Park ball diamonds are completed. Stones will need to be hauled into the playground area.
The street project is ahead of schedule. Paving was due to begin on Elm, Middle, West Main and Water streets. Greenback Road may need temporary fixing.
Gazebo construction was due to begin in Canal Park and topsoil has been removed from Redskin Memorial Park. Storm tile is due to be installed.
• Discussed the prohibition of planting trees in curb lawns along village streets.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824. Follow her on Twitter @PASpeelmanSDN.Source: Unapproved meeting minutes