• Packer Historical Center, 112 W. Main St., Anna, is open Thursdays from 6 to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Martial arts classes teaching karate and jujitsu will be held from children aged 6 through adults at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA. Classes will be held on Fridays from 6 to 7 p.m. for beginners at a cost of $22 for members and $40 for non-members for four classes. Advanced classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. and cost $44 for members and $80 for non-members for four classes. All classes are taught by Sensei David Smith, in partnership with Jukido-Kai School-Martial Arts.
• Kinetics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Mommy & Me (parent & child, ages 10 to 24 months); Pre-School Gymnastics (ages 2 to 5); Youth Gymnastics (ages 6+); Pre-Team Gymnastics; Acrobatic Gymnastics; Cheerleading classes; Tumbling classes; and Competitive Gymnastics Team. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Aquatics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Water Discovery/Exploration (parent & child, ages 6 months to 3 years); Preschool Swim Lessons (ages 3 to 6; swimmers in levels 1 through 3 must have a parent or adult in the water with the child); Youth Swim Lessons (ages 6+); Competitive Swim Team (Y Stingrays); Adult Swim Lessons (by appointment only); and Private & Semi-private Lessons available. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Johnston Farm will be holding a Fall Celebration from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 2. Several activities and demonstrations will be available to the public, including a canal ride at 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. Admission is $9 for adults, $4 for children ages 6 to 12, with AAA and senior discounts honored. Johnston Farm Friends and Ohio History Connection Members are admitted for free.
• Brukner Nature Center’s River’s Edge Explorers program will be held Wednesday, Oct. 6 for homeschooled students ages 12 to 17 years old. Cost for BNC members is $5 per child and $8 per child for non-members. Deadline to register and pay is Monday, Oct. 4 by 5 p.m. For mor information call 937-698-6493 or email email@example.com.
• The Sports Collectibles Show will be held Friday, Oct. 15 and Saturday, Oct. 16 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 17 from noon to 6 p.m. at Miami Valley Centre Mall, 987 E. Ash St. in Piqua. The show will feature nearly 50 tables blanketing the mall with dealers showcasing sports cards, collectibles, memorabilia, comic books, and additional sports themed items for the NFL, MLB, Ohio State and many more. Admission is free. For any questions regarding this show, or to reserve a table call 937-773-0950.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 24
• Jack Pine Studio’s Second Annual Glass Pumpkin Festival will be held through Sunday, Sept. 26 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. After 25 years of being featured at the Circleville Pumpkin Show, Jack Pine created the Glass Pumpkin Festival in 2020 as a way to help guests, artists and vendors displaced by last year’s Pumpkin Show cancellation. For more information, visit JackPineStudio.com.
SATURDAY, SEPT. 25
• A Bingo Night will be held at A.B. Graham Memorial Center, 8025 E. State Route 36, Conover. Doors open at 6 p.m. with bingo starting at 7 p.m. Cost is $15 per person and includes 12 games and one speedround. Concessions will be available. For more information, contact 937-368-3700 or visit abgraham.org.
• Prairie Days will be held through Sunday, Sept. 26 at Darke County Parks, 4267 State Route 502, Greenville. Entertainment will be held all weekend along with various activities. For more information, visit www.darkecountyparks.org or call the Nature Center at 937-548-0165.