• Packer Historical Center, 112 W. Main St., Anna, is open Thursdays from 6 to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Martial arts classes teaching karate and jujitsu will be held from children aged 6 through adults at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA. Classes will be held on Fridays from 6 to 7 p.m. for beginners at a cost of $22 for members and $40 for non-members for four classes. Advanced classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. and cost $44 for members and $80 for non-members for four classes. All classes are taught by Sensei David Smith, in partnership with Jukido-Kai School-Martial Arts.
• Kinetics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Mommy & Me (parent & child, ages 10 to 24 months); Pre-School Gymnastics (ages 2 to 5); Youth Gymnastics (ages 6+); Pre-Team Gymnastics; Acrobatic Gymnastics; Cheerleading classes; Tumbling classes; and Competitive Gymnastics Team. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Aquatics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Water Discovery/Exploration (parent & child, ages 6 months to 3 years); Preschool Swim Lessons (ages 3 to 6; swimmers in levels 1 through 3 must have a parent or adult in the water with the child); Youth Swim Lessons (ages 6+); Competitive Swim Team (Y Stingrays); Adult Swim Lessons (by appointment only); and Private & Semi-private Lessons available. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Bill Light will be hosting a wildlife photography workshop at Dake County Parks from 6 to 8 p.m. every Thursday through Nov. 4. Cost to attend is $10 and participants are asked to bring notebooks and pencils for notetaking. For more information about this workshop and to register visit www.darkecountyparks.org or call the Nature Center at 937-548-0165.
• The Sports Collectibles Show will be held Friday, Oct. 15 and Saturday, Oct. 16 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 17 from noon to 6 p.m. at Miami Valley Centre Mall, 987 E. Ash St. in Piqua. The show will feature nearly 50 tables blanketing the mall with dealers showcasing sports cards, collectibles, memorabilia, comic books, and additional sports themed items for the NFL, MLB, Ohio State and many more. Admission is free. For any questions regarding this show, or to reserve a table call 937-773-0950.
• A.B. Graham Memorial Center will host a pulled pork dinner and bingo on Saturday, Oct. 16 beginning at 5 p.m. Dinner includes a pulled pork sandwich, two sides, dessert, and a drink. Tickets cost $8 per adult and $4 per child 12 years old and younger. Carry out is available. Bingo will being at 7 p.m. and cost is $15 for 12 games. The Memorial Center is located at 8025 E. St. Rt. 36, Conover. For more information contact 937-368-3700 or visit abgraham.org.
SATURDAY, OCT. 2
• Ty Austin Martin Memorial Car/Motorcycle Show at the Shelby County Fairgrounds from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Judging will take place at 3 p.m. Cost is a $10 entry fee. Proceeds will go to the Ty Martin Servant’s Fund at Hardin United Methodist Church.
• Johnston Farm will be holding a Fall Celebration from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 2. Several activities and demonstrations will be available to the public, including a canal ride at 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. Admission is $9 for adults, $4 for children ages 6 to 12, with AAA and senior discounts honored. Johnston Farm Friends and Ohio History Connection Members are admitted for free.
• The eighth annual living history event will be held free on the grounds at Piatt Castle Mac-A-Cheek from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. New demonstrations are added each year in this event which focuses on how the troops lived on the front lines during the Moselle campaign in France in the fall of 1944. The outdoor event will be held rain or shine. Between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., veterans and members of U.S. peacekeeping services will be given free admissions to tour Mac-A-Cheek Castle where masks and social distancing are required. Regular admission fees apply to all others who wish to tour the historic house museum located at 10051 Township Road 47, West Liberty. Visit www.piattcastles.org or write to [email protected] for more information.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 6
• Brukner Nature Center’s River’s Edge Explorers program will be held Wednesday, Oct. 6 for homeschooled students ages 12 to 17 years old. Cost for BNC members is $5 per child and $8 per child for non-members. Deadline to register and pay is Monday, Oct. 4 by 5 p.m. For mor information call 937-698-6493 or email [email protected]
• The Lock One Theater will be showing a Special “Sensory Friendly” show of The Addams Family 2 at 6:30 p.m. Regular concessions and vending machines will be available and people with strict, special dietary needs are permitted to bring their own snacks from home.