• Packer Historical Center, 112 W. Main St., Anna, is open Thursdays from 6 to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Martial arts classes teaching karate and jujitsu will be held from children aged 6 through adults at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA. Classes will be held on Fridays from 6 to 7 p.m. for beginners at a cost of $22 for members and $40 for non-members for four classes. Advanced classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. and cost $44 for members and $80 for non-members for four classes. All classes are taught by Sensei David Smith, in partnership with Jukido-Kai School-Martial Arts.
• Kinetics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Mommy & Me (parent & child, ages 10 to 24 months); Pre-School Gymnastics (ages 2 to 5); Youth Gymnastics (ages 6+); Pre-Team Gymnastics; Acrobatic Gymnastics; Cheerleading classes; Tumbling classes; and Competitive Gymnastics Team. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Aquatics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Water Discovery/Exploration (parent & child, ages 6 months to 3 years); Preschool Swim Lessons (ages 3 to 6; swimmers in levels 1 through 3 must have a parent or adult in the water with the child); Youth Swim Lessons (ages 6+); Competitive Swim Team (Y Stingrays); Adult Swim Lessons (by appointment only); and Private & Semi-private Lessons available. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Dayton’s “Holly Days 2021” celebration will be held from 3 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 7 through Thursday, Dec. 9 and is free and open to the public. Food, an artisan market, live entertainment and more will be available to the public. For more event information, vendor list, and entertainment schedule, visit arcadedayton.com.
• Registration for Brukner Nature Center’s winter PEEP program is open. The program is geared toward children ages 3 to 5 years old who are potty trained and not attending kindergarten or being home schooled. Classes will be limited to 10 children and will be an hour and a half long. Sessions will be offered Tuesday through Friday mornings from 9:30 to 11 a.m. and Thursday afternoons from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Sessions run Jan. 11 through Feb. 18. Cost for sessions is $55 for members and $75 for nonmembers per child. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the participant’s name, age, birthdate and phone number, as well as the top three choices for a class. An email confirming the participant has been registered will be sent, and payment should be mailed to dropped off at the center within three days. If payment is not received, the spot will open for another child.
The Historic Sidney Theatre will screen the Ohio State vs. Michigan rivalry game on Saturday, Nov. 27 beginning at 7 a.m. The theatre’s doors and concessions with breakfast will be open from 7 a.m. through the end of the game. The event is free and pre-registration is required. To pre-register, visit https://sidneytheatre.org/events/kegs-and-eggs.
SATURDAY, NOV. 20
• The A.B. Graham Memorial Center will hold a Bingo Night at 7 p.m. with doors opening at 6 p.m. There will be 12 games and one speed round and cost is $15 per person. Daubers will be available for purchase and concessions will be available. For more information, call 937-368-3700 or visit. abgraham.org. The Center is located at 8025 E. State Route 36, Conover.
TUESDAY, NOV. 23
• SafeHaven will host their 9th annual Thanksgiving restaurant-style meal at their Piqua facility from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The meal is open to anyone 18 or older in need of mental health support residing in Darke, Miami, and Shelby Counties. Free transportation available is available and must be arranged by 9 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 22. To arrange transportation, contact 937-615-0126 for Miami county, 937-548-7233 for Darke county, and 937-658-6930 for Shelby county. SafeHaven is located at 633 N. Wayne St., Piqua.