Armstrong Avenue fire under investigation


SIDNEY — An Armstrong Avenue house fire on Sunday afternoon is under investigation by the Sidney Department of Fire & Emergency Services.

Crews from the Sidney Fire Department were dispatched to a structure fire at 2308 Armstrong Ave. on Sunday, Nov. 21, at 3:23 p.m. According to a press release from Sidney Fire, upon arrival, fire crews found a single-family residence with heavy smoke showing. It was discovered a fire had started in a laundry room in the lower level of the residence and extended to an adjacent bathroom.The fire was quickly extinguished and efforts to protect undamaged property began.

The occupants were not home at the time of the fire. One feline was rescued, while one perished.

All off-duty Sidney personnel were recalled for the incident.

AES Ohio and CenterPoint Energy were brought to the scene to control utilities.

The damage to the residence, owned by Myron Koester, is estimated at $30,000 to the contents and $75,000 to the property.