• Packer Historical Center, 112 W. Main St., Anna, is open Thursdays from 6 to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Martial arts classes teaching karate and jujitsu will be held from children aged 6 through adults at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA. Classes will be held on Fridays from 6 to 7 p.m. for beginners at a cost of $22 for members and $40 for non-members for four classes. Advanced classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. and cost $44 for members and $80 for non-members for four classes. All classes are taught by Sensei David Smith, in partnership with Jukido-Kai School-Martial Arts.
• Kinetics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Mommy & Me (parent & child, ages 10 to 24 months); Pre-School Gymnastics (ages 2 to 5); Youth Gymnastics (ages 6+); Pre-Team Gymnastics; Acrobatic Gymnastics; Cheerleading classes; Tumbling classes; and Competitive Gymnastics Team. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Aquatics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Water Discovery/Exploration (parent & child, ages 6 months to 3 years); Preschool Swim Lessons (ages 3 to 6; swimmers in levels 1 through 3 must have a parent or adult in the water with the child); Youth Swim Lessons (ages 6+); Competitive Swim Team (Y Stingrays); Adult Swim Lessons (by appointment only); and Private & Semi-private Lessons available. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• SafeHaven will hold a Christmas Celebration including a free meal from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 17. Meal includes baked ham, mashed potatoes, noodles, scalloped corn, rolls, apple pie, cherry dump cake, coffee and Christmas punch. Free transportation is available and can be arranged by calling 937-658-6930.
THURSDAY, DEC. 2
• The Sidney Dance company will hold performances for “The Nutcracker” on Thursday, Dec. 2, and Friday, Dec 3, at 7:30 p.m., and Saturday, Dec. 4, and Sunday, Dec. 5, at 2 p.m. All performances will take place at the Historic Sidney Theatre, 120 W. Poplar St., Sidney. Presale tickets are $13 for adults and $8 for children, students and seniors, and at the door are $15 for adults and $10 for children, students and seniors. All presale tickets to Sidney Dance Company and Historic Sidney Theatre events will require a $3 fee when purchased over the phone, in person or at the door. Tickets can be purchased online at https://sidneytheatre.ticketspice.com/the-nutcracker.
FRIDAY, DEC. 3
• The Houston Community Association will hold a Pizza Friday Night from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Houston Community Center, 5005 Russia-Houston Road, Houston. Pizzas are 14-inch and 16-inch and breadsticks are available. Call 937-295-3598 to order pizza for pick-up or dine-in. Profits support the association’s scholarship fund.
SATURDAY, DEC. 4
• The Holiday Open House will be held at the Amos Memorial Public Library from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Dec. 4. Activities will include a Storytime with Mr. and Mrs. Claus at 11:30 a.m., Christmas cookie decorating, ornament painting, and even a petting zoo from Idle Hour Ranch LLC. The Holiday Open House is free and open to the public. All activities are available while supplies last. More information is available on the Shelby County Libraries Facebook page.
• The Shelby County Historical Society will host its traditional Christmas of Yesteryear on from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Ross Historical Center. Because of the volume of visitors of years past the Society has decided to pass out 300 goody bags which contain a gingerbread house, wreath ornament, and a wood ornament activity kit. Each kit contains everything you need to complete the activity from paint to icing.
• The Trinity Church of the Brethren will hold a Community Christmas Dinner at 6 p.m. at 2220 N. Main Avenue, Sidney. Entertainment will be provided by The Wallen’s at 7 p.m. The dinner is free and open to the public. For more information, contact the office at 937-492-9937 or Pastor Arnold Collett at 937-570-6675.
• Piqua Arts Council will be hosting their sixth annual Sounds of the Season Holiday Concert beginning at 5 p.m. at St. James Episcopal Church on 200 W. High St., Piqua. Tickets are $5 per person or $10 per family. Piqua Arts Council will be donating $3 of every single ticket and $6 of every family ticket to the Bethany Center in Piqua. Tickets can be purchased through the Piqua Arts Council’s webpage at www.PiquaArtsCouncil.org/sounds-of-the-season.
• The Brukner Nature Center will hold their annual Winter Arts & Crafts Show from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The show will feature handmade items from local artists and a raffle. Event is free and open to the public, and all proceeds from the program will benefit the center’s wildlife programs.
• The A.B. Graham Memorial Center will host a Bingo Night at 7 p.m. with doors opening at 6 p.m. Cost is $15 per person and includes 12 games and one speed round. Daubers are available for $2. Concessions including soup and sandwiches are available. The A.B. Graham Memorial Center is located at 8025 E. St. Route 36, Conover.
TUESDAY, DEC. 7
• Dayton’s “Holly Days 2021” celebration will be held from 3 to 8 p.m. through Thursday, Dec. 9 and is free and open to the public. Food, an artisan market, live entertainment and more will be available to the public. For more event information, vendor list, and entertainment schedule, visit arcadedayton.com.
WEDNESDAY, DEC. 8
• Brunker Nature Center will hold a Dine to Donate fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Hickory River Smokehouse, 135 S. Garber Dr., Tipp City. Twenty percent of proceeds will go to benefit the Wildlife Ambassadors at Brukner Nature Center.