• Packer Historical Center, 112 W. Main St., Anna, is open Thursdays from 6 to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Martial arts classes teaching karate and jujitsu will be held from children aged 6 through adults at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA. Classes will be held on Fridays from 6 to 7 p.m. for beginners at a cost of $22 for members and $40 for non-members for four classes. Advanced classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. and cost $44 for members and $80 for non-members for four classes. All classes are taught by Sensei David Smith, in partnership with Jukido-Kai School-Martial Arts.
• Kinetics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Mommy & Me (parent & child, ages 10 to 24 months); Pre-School Gymnastics (ages 2 to 5); Youth Gymnastics (ages 6+); Pre-Team Gymnastics; Acrobatic Gymnastics; Cheerleading classes; Tumbling classes; and Competitive Gymnastics Team. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Aquatics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Water Discovery/Exploration (parent & child, ages 6 months to 3 years); Preschool Swim Lessons (ages 3 to 6; swimmers in levels 1 through 3 must have a parent or adult in the water with the child); Youth Swim Lessons (ages 6+); Competitive Swim Team (Y Stingrays); Adult Swim Lessons (by appointment only); and Private & Semi-private Lessons available. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• SafeHaven will hold a Christmas Celebration including a free meal from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 17. Meal includes baked ham, mashed potatoes, noodles, scalloped corn, rolls, apple pie, cherry dump cake, coffee and Christmas punch. Free transportation is available and can be arranged by calling 937-658-6930.
• Registration for Brukner Nature Center’s winter PEEP program is open. The program is geared toward children ages 3 to 5 years old who are potty trained and not attending kindergarten or being home schooled. Classes will be limited to 10 children and will be an hour and a half long. Sessions will be offered Tuesday through Friday mornings from 9:30 to 11 a.m. and Thursday afternoons from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Sessions run Jan. 11 through Feb. 18. Cost for sessions is $55 for members and $75 for nonmembers per child. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the participant’s name, age, birthdate and phone number, as well as the top three choices for a class. An email confirming the participant has been registered will be sent, and payment should be mailed to dropped off at the center within three days. If payment is not received, the spot will open for another child.
FRIDAY, DEC. 10
• The Knights of Columbus, Sidney Chapter, will be hosting a fish fry from 5 to 7 p.m. at 1300 N. Fourth Ave., Sidney. Cost is $8 for carry-out and $5 for children 11 and under. Dine-in is unavailable at this time.
SATURDAY, DEC. 11
• Cory Breth will be performing at the Historic Sidney Theatre at 7:30 p.m. with doors opening at $7. Opening act will feature Baylor Griffin. Admission is free for Historic Sidney Theatre members and $5 for non-members, and tickets can be purchased at at www.sidneytheatre.org, by phone or in person. The concert is sponsored by Edison State Community College.
• The National Model Railroad Association, North Central Region, Three Rivers Division will be sponsoring the Lima Train Town Show and Swap Meet from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Merchants & Youth Exhibits Buildings at the Allen County Fairgrounds, 2750 E. Harding Highway, State Route 309 East, Lima. Admission cost is $7 for adults, with children 12 and under admitted for free.
SUNDAY, DEC. 12
• The Sidney Civic Band will host their annual Christmas Concert at the Connection Point Church of God beginning at 3 p.m. The concert is free and the public is welcome to attend. The Connection Point Church of God Relay for Life team will provide complimentary cookies to thank the audience.
WEDNESDAY, DEC. 15
• Brukner Nature Center’s Homeschool Nature Club will hold sessions from 9:30 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 3:30 p.m. Homeschool Nature Club is geared toward children ages 5 to 11 and offers hands-on fun and educational lesson plans, using live wildlife and outdoor exploration. The fee for these programs is $5 for BNC Members and $8 for non-members per class. State health and safety guidelines for COVID-19 will be observed. All participants are required to wear a face mask. To pre-register, call 937-698-6493 or email email@example.com and wait for an email confirmation. Those who pre-register will have three days to mail a check or drop off payment in the new outdoor dropbox. If payment is not received within three days, the spot will open for another child. Final deadline to register and pay is the Monday before class.