• Packer Historical Center, 112 W. Main St., Anna, is open Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Martial arts classes teaching karate and jujitsu will be held from children aged 6 through adults at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA. Classes will be held on Fridays from 6 to 7 p.m. for beginners at a cost of $22 for members and $40 for non-members for four classes. Advanced classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. and cost $44 for members and $80 for non-members for four classes. All classes are taught by Sensei David Smith, in partnership with Jukido-Kai School-Martial Arts.
• Kinetics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Mommy & Me (parent & child, ages 10 to 24 months); Pre-School Gymnastics (ages 2 to 5); Youth Gymnastics (ages 6+); Pre-Team Gymnastics; Acrobatic Gymnastics; Cheerleading classes; Tumbling classes; and Competitive Gymnastics Team. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Aquatics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Water Discovery/Exploration (parent & child, ages 6 months to 3 years); Preschool Swim Lessons (ages 3 to 6; swimmers in levels 1 through 3 must have a parent or adult in the water with the child); Youth Swim Lessons (ages 6+); Competitive Swim Team (Y Stingrays); Adult Swim Lessons (by appointment only); and Private & Semi-private Lessons available. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• The Auglaize County Democratic Party will be hosting a carryout dinner on Thursday, April 21 from 5 to 7 p.m. Dinners can be picked up at VFW post 9289 in St. Mary’s. Dinner tickets are $20 and include Swiss Steak, potato, vegetable and dessert. Tickets can be purchased at Actblue.com/donate/acdpspring2022 or RSVP at [email protected] by April 11.
SATURDAY, APRIL 9
• The Greenville VFW will sponsor a Darke County Singles Dance held at 219 N. Ohio St., Greenville. Doors will open at 6 p.m. with the dance being held from 8 to 11 p.m. Cover charge is $7 per person. Food will be available, as well as a 50/50 raffle. Attendees must be 21 years old or older.
• The Lima Symphony Orchestra will present the classic children’s work “Peter and the Wolf” by Sergei Prokofiev performed by woodwind quintet at 10:30 a.m. for their final Mornings with the Maestro program of the 2021-2022 season. The performance will take place at the Lima Public Library, 650 W. Market St., Lima.
• Brukner Nature Center’s Young Birders’ Club will meet from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Center. The club is open to students in fifth through twelfth grade who are members of Brukner Nature Center and have an interest in birding. For more detailed information, contact [email protected]
TUESDAY, APRIL 12
• Brukner Nature Center will partner with Moeller Brew Barn from 5 to 9 p.m. for their monthly Dine to Donate fundraiser. A portion of sales will be donated to Brukner Nature Center to support the wildlife ambassadors. Moeller Brew Barn is located at 214 W. Main St., Troy.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13
• Portals to Piqua’s Past will be held from 7 to 8 p.m in the Founders Room of the Piqua Public Library. The history program is held the second Wednesday of every month and the topic for April is Women at Work.