SIDNEY — Spring is in the air and the Easter Bunny will be hopping around the area soon.
This year several churches and organizations in the community will be holding egg hunts. Below are the dates, times and details for community egg hunts:
Saturday, April 9
• The Rotary of New Bremen, Minster and New Knoxville Easter egg hunt will be held at 10 a.m. at the Grand Lake Health/Premier Health South YMCA, 4075 Wuebker Road, Minster. A sensory-friendly egg hunt will also be provided by Auglaize County Developmental Disabilities.
Sunday, April 10
• Lockington Volunteer Fire Department will hold their annual Easter egg hunt at 1 p.m. with a rain date of Saturday, April 16, at 1 p.m. The egg hunt will be held at 10363 Museum Trail, Lockington.
• The Fort Loramie Community Fire Department will host its annual Easter egg hunt at 1 p.m. at the Village of Fort Loramie Youth Park. Children, pre-school through and including third graders, are invited to participate. In the event of bad weather, eggs and candy will be passed out in the parking lot and shelter house.
Saturday, April 16
• Sidney First Church of the Nazarene, 1899 Wapakoneta Ave., will hold an egg hunt for children up to the sixth grade beginning at 10 a.m. The hunt will be held at the church.
• Sidney Alive will host an Easter Egg Hunt on courtsquare at 11:30 a.m. in Downtown Sidney. The egg hunt is open to children through fifth grade.
• The Valley Church in Piqua will be hosting their community-wide annual Eggstravaganza at the Piqua campus, located at 1400 Seidel Parkway, from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. The event is drive-thru only and is free and open to the public.
Sunday, April 17
• Sidney First United Methodist Church will hold their Easter egg hunt following the 11 a.m. Easter Sunday Service at Julia Lamb Park. The egg hunt is open to children through fifth grade.