• Packer Historical Center, 112 W. Main St., Anna, is open Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Martial arts classes teaching karate and jujitsu will be held from children aged 6 through adults at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA. Classes will be held on Fridays from 6 to 7 p.m. for beginners at a cost of $22 for members and $40 for non-members for four classes. Advanced classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. and cost $44 for members and $80 for non-members for four classes. All classes are taught by Sensei David Smith, in partnership with Jukido-Kai School-Martial Arts.
• Kinetics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Mommy & Me (parent & child, ages 10 to 24 months); Pre-School Gymnastics (ages 2 to 5); Youth Gymnastics (ages 6+); Pre-Team Gymnastics; Acrobatic Gymnastics; Cheerleading classes; Tumbling classes; and Competitive Gymnastics Team. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Aquatics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Water Discovery/Exploration (parent & child, ages 6 months to 3 years); Preschool Swim Lessons (ages 3 to 6; swimmers in levels 1 through 3 must have a parent or adult in the water with the child); Youth Swim Lessons (ages 6+); Competitive Swim Team (Y Stingrays); Adult Swim Lessons (by appointment only); and Private & Semi-private Lessons available. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
SATURDAY, APRIL 16
• Country music group Bill and the Belles will perform at 7:30 p.m. at the Holland Theatre, 127 E. Columbus Ave., Bellefontaine. Tickets can be purchased at www.showclix.com/event/bill-and-the-belles.
TUESDAY, APRIL 19
• The Piqua Public Library will host “Wild Gardens” from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Founder’s Room. The program will cover native plants, their value to wildlife, and how to increase the native plants on personal property.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20
• Novels at Night with Angie will be held from 7 to 8 p.m. in the Louis Room of the Piqua Public Library. April’s book is “In an Instant” by Suzanne Redfearn.
• Brukner Nature Center’s Homeschool Nature Club still has openings in their afternoon session from 2 to 4 p.m. Homeschool Nature Club is geared toward children ages 5 to 11 and offers hands-on fun and educational lesson plans, using live wildlife and outdoor exploration. The fee for these programs is $5 for BNC Members and $8 for non-members per class. State health and safety guidelines for COVID-19 will be observed. To pre-register, call 937-698-6493 or email [email protected] and wait for an email confirmation. Those who pre-register will have three days to mail a check or drop off payment in the new outdoor dropbox. If payment is not received within three days, the spot will open for another child. Final deadline to register and pay is Monday, April 18 by noon.