• Packer Historical Center, 112 W. Main St., Anna, is open Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Martial arts classes teaching karate and jujitsu will be held from children aged 6 through adults at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA. Classes will be held on Fridays from 6 to 7 p.m. for beginners at a cost of $22 for members and $40 for non-members for four classes. Advanced classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. and cost $44 for members and $80 for non-members for four classes. All classes are taught by Sensei David Smith, in partnership with Jukido-Kai School-Martial Arts.
• Kinetics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Mommy & Me (parent & child, ages 10 to 24 months); Pre-School Gymnastics (ages 2 to 5); Youth Gymnastics (ages 6+); Pre-Team Gymnastics; Acrobatic Gymnastics; Cheerleading classes; Tumbling classes; and Competitive Gymnastics Team. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Aquatics classes are available at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA and include: Water Discovery/Exploration (parent & child, ages 6 months to 3 years); Preschool Swim Lessons (ages 3 to 6; swimmers in levels 1 through 3 must have a parent or adult in the water with the child); Youth Swim Lessons (ages 6+); Competitive Swim Team (Y Stingrays); Adult Swim Lessons (by appointment only); and Private & Semi-private Lessons available. For days, times and cost, please visit www.sidney-ymca.org.
• Reigstration for Brukner Nature Center’s June Summer Camps is open for children entering grades kindergarten through fifth this fall. The weeks for the June camp are June 13 to 17 and June 20 to 24 and camps run 9:30 a.m. to noon. Cost is $75 per BNC Member and $100 per non-member, and camp t-shirts can be pre-ordered for $20. Campers are asked to dress for the weather as much of the camp will take place outside. Please email [email protected] or call Monday through Friday at 937-698-6493 to pre-register for any summer camps. Wait for an email to confirm pre-registration and follow payment details that will be provided. Registration is due by Monday, May 30.
MONDAY, JUNE 6
• Brukner Nature Center will host a Wildlife Encounter program in the lobby of the Piqua Public Library from 10:15 to 11 a.m.
• Kettering Health will present “Stroke Signs, Treatment, and Prevention” in the Louis Room of the Piqua Public Library from 11 a.m. to noon. Pre-registration is required and can be done by calling 937-558-3988.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8
• Portals to Piqua’s Past will be held from 7 to 8 p.m. in the Louis Room of the Piqua Public Library. June’s topic is Piqua in the 1930s.
• Miami County Park District Storybook Trail will be held from 2 to 3:30 p.m. and featuring Bill Schroeder with his book, Smallmouth Sonny of Bass Island Bar. Those interested should meet outside in front of the Piqua Public Library.