• Gateway Arts Council, 216 Miami Ave., continues its exhibit of Lego creations, “It’s All about That Brick: Design Challenge and Exhibit.” Through July 31. Free. 498-2787.
• Quilt National ‘15, an exhibit of quilts from 33 states and eight countries, at the Dairy Barn Art Center, 8000 Dairy Lane, Athens, continues through Sept. 7. For information, visit dairybarn.org/quilt-national/.
• The Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, exhibits “From Africa” through Aug. 2. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, continues an exhibit of works by Tiffany Clark and Stephanie McGuinness through July 24. Free. 937-296-0294.
• The Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, continues the 2015 Greater Columbus Arts Council Visual Arts Exhibiton, “Page Turners” and “Remembering Marvin Hamlisch,” each through Sept. 6.
• The Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, continues two exhibits, “Call to Duty: World War Posters” and “Tears of Stone: World War I Remembered, Photographs by Jane Alden Stevens,” which remain on view through Oct. 4. Hours vary. Admission: free for members and children 6 and under; $14 adults, $11 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older with ID and active military, $6 children 7-17. And a talk by Dr. Susan Martis about Salvador Dali’s “Battle,” at 6 p.m. Tickets: $12. 937-223-5277.
• The Piqua Civic Band performs a concert in Hance Pavilion in Fountain Park along Forest Avenue in Piqua at 7 p.m. Free.
• Ohio Brew Week continues through Saturday at breweries and eateries throughout the Hocking Hills region in Eastern Ohio. Brewing lessons, educational forums, tastings, music. Information at OhioBrewWeek.com.
• The Troy-Hayner Cultural Center presents Jah Soul in concert at 7:30 p.m. in Prouty Plaza in downtown Troy. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Jurassic Quest opens today and runs through Sunday at the Richland County Fairgrounds, Mansfield. More than 50, life-sized, animatronic dinosaurs on display, entertainment, fossil digs, science stations. Tickets: $15-$24 at www.jurassicquest.com.
• The Victoria Theatre Association screens the film, “The Birdcage,” today and Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 3 and 7 p.m. in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton. Tickets: $6 at 888-228-3630 or www.ticketcenterstage.com.
• Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra performs “The Music of ABBA” with tribute band Arrival From Sweden at 8 p.m. in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Tickets: $29-$81 at www.daytonperformingarts.org and 937-228-3630.
• Rosewood Arts Center, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, offers a yoga class from noon to 1 p.m. Take mat and props. Free. 937-296-0294.
• The Towne & Country Players presents Roger DeMange in concert at 8 p.m. in Heritage Park along Hubert Drive in Versailles during the Versailles Relay for Life event. Relay for Life begins at 6 p.m. and runs through 9 a.m. Saturday. Free.
• The Sidney Civic Band performs is summer finale concert on the courtsquare at 7 p.m. Free. Take lawn chairs.
• Rebel Iron Magazine, K-94, WKKI and 94.3 FM present Nova Rex and Latter at 7 p.m. at the Underground, 2331 W. Market St., Troy. Autographed guitar raffle and hottest chick outfit costume contest, too. Admission $5 or VIP stage front standing for $8 at the door. For people 18 and older only.
• Fort Loramie Farmers Market runs 3:30-6:30 p.m. in the Rapid Development Warehouse, Main Street, Fort Loramie.
• Downtown Sidney hosts the Downtown Music Fest on the courtsquare. Food from noon to 9 p.m. today and at the Great Downtown BBQ-Fest Saturday from noon to 9 p.m. Music from 5 to 9 p.m. today and noon to 9 p.m. Saturday.
• Jackson Center Memorial Branch Library, 202 S. Linden St., Jackson Center, presents “Nature’s Super Critters,” by Brukner Nature Center at 11 a.m. Free.
• Anna Community Library, 304 N. Second St., Anna, offers a summer story, “Turtle Power,” to children in preschool and kindergarten at 1 p.m.
• Sidney Parks and Recreation offers crafts to make in Sherman Park, 1000 Fairmont Drive, Sidney, from 2:30 to 3:15 p.m. Free. Advance registration required at 498-8105.
• The Shelby County Libraries hosts a swim party at the Botkins Pool from 7 to 9 p.m.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, hosts a night hike beginning at 9 p.m. and a public star gaze with the Stillwater Stargazers at 10 p.m. Free. 937-698-6493.
• Sidney/Shelby County Health Dept., 202 W. Poplar St., checks children’s car seats for free from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 498-1145.
• The Miyelo Music Festival runs in downtown Tipp City from 11:30 a.m. to 11:55 p.m. Music on three stages beginning at 12:30 p.m. Tickets: $30 general admission in advance at miyelomusicfest.com; $40 at the gate; $150 VIP admission.
• Darke County Parks presents Higgins-Madewell in concert at 7 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve Outdoor Amphithteatre, 4267 State Route 502 W., Greenville. Free. Take lawn chairs. 937-548-0165.
• Victoria Theatre Association presents “Brewster at the Schuster” from 3 to 6 p.m. in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Beer sampling and live music. Tickets: $35 in advance at 888-228-3630 and www.ticket center stage.com; $40 at the door. $5 appetizers available. And screens “The Invasion of the Body Snatchers” in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton, at 10:30 p.m. Tickets: $6.
• The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, 1100 Spaatz St., Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn, hosts Family Day: Newton in Space from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. 937-255-5704.
• WACO Air Museum, 1865 S. County Road 25A, Troy, offers 15-minute, open-cockpit biplane rides today and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. Fee: $90. 937-335-9226.
• Rosewood Arts Center, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, offers two classes, “Copper Etching: Jewelry,” from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and “Simple Silver Jewelry,” from 10 a.m. to noon. Fees: $100-$110 for copper; $35-$45 for silver. 937-296-0294.
• St. Mary of the Woods Church, 464 Madison Ave., Russells Point, hosts its annual St. Mary Festival from 9 to 11 a.m. Food, raffles, beer garden, games, children’ activities.
• The Gene Stratton-Porter State Historic Site hosts a night hike and star gaze at 9 p.m. at the Sower Farmstead, 8983 N. Route 350 E., Rome City, Indiana. Admission: $4. 260-854-3790.
• A.B. Graham Memorial Center, U.S. 36, Conover, hosts a summer picnic from 5 to 7 p.m. and bingo beginning at 7 p.m. Meal cost: $8 adults; $3 children 4 and older. 937-368-3700.
• Mainstreet Piqua and the Piqua Arts Council present The Southern Gothic in concert in their Rock Piqua! series at Lock Nine Riverfront Park, 125 E. Water St., Piqua, at 7 p.m. Free. Take lawn chairs.
• The Kettlersville Van Buren Township Fire Department hosts its 46th annual Firemen’s Picnic from 3 to midnight at the fire station, 8833 N. Street, Kettlersville. Food, entertainment, children’s games, bingo, raffle, cake walk, silent auction.
• The Great Sidney Farmer’s Market is open on the courtsquare from 8 a.m. to noon.
• The Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “A Celebration of Life: Aminah Robinson.” All-day exhibit, Open Studio, a program of solving creative challenges, from 1 to 3 p.m., talks at 1, 2 and 3 p.m., performance by Urban Strings at 1:30 p.m., reception at 4 p.m. Admission: $12 adults, $8 seniors 60 and older and students 18 and older with ID, $5 children 6-17. 614-629-5947.
• Today is the deadline to make reservations for Murder at the Museum, a semi-formal, mystery, dinner fundraiser at the Johnston Farm and Indian Agency scheduled for July 25 at 6 p.m. Tickets: $30 members, $35 nonmembers at 800-752-2619.
• The Shelby County Animal Rescue Foundation hosts a pet adoption event and collection drive for dog collars and bleach at Lochard Inc., 903 Wapakoneta Ave., from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Information at www.HelpShelbycounty Animals.com.
• The Sidney Masonic Center, 303 E. Poplar St., hosts an open house from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for people interested in learning about Freemasonry.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, offers View from the Vista, birdwatching, from 2 to 4 p.m.
• The Lockington Volunteer Fire Department, 10363 Museum Trail, Lockington, hosts a chicken or pork chop dinner from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. to benefit the Jason Purk family. Purk suffers from cancer. Meals cost $8 each. Raffles and 50/50 drawing.
• The village of Minster presents the Swing Era Band in concert at 6:30 p.m. in Minster Machine Centennial Park. Free. Take lawn chairs.
• Today is the deadline for children in grades K-5 to register for “Night of Discovery” scheduled for July 24 from 7 to 10 p.m. and for children in grades 6-12 to register for “Nature Art,” a Wednesdays with Wildlife program scheduled for Wednesday from 9 a.m. to noon, at Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy. Fee: $10 members, $15 nonmembers for Night of Discovery; $20 members, $25 nonmembers for Nature Art. 937-698-6493.
• Rosewood Arts Centre, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, offers a class, “Paint & Wine,” from 6 to 8:30 p.m. for people 21 and older. Fee: $25-$35. 937-296-0294.
• A.J. Wise Library, 300 E. Park St., Fort Loramie, offers a drop-in craft from 2 to 5 p.m.
• Anna Community Library, 304 N. Second St., Anna, hosts a family fun night, “I Spy the Beach,” from 6 to 7 p.m.
• The Stallo Memorial Library in Minster offers kids bingo from 10:30-11:15 a.m. for children in kindergarten and older. Advance registration required at 419-628-2925.
• The Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents Trey Stone and the Ringers in concert at 7:30 p.m. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Rose Music Center, 6800 Executive Blvd., Huber Heights, presents Boz Scaggs in concert at 7 p.m. Tickets: $29.50-$44.50 plus fees. www.ticketmaster.com.
• Rosewood Arts Centre, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, Rosewood Arts Centre, screens the film, “No Down Payment,” and hosts a post-film discussion at 6 p.m. Advance reservations required at 937-296-0294.
• Anna Community Library, 304 N. Second St., Anna, hosts Totally Awesome Tuesdays for adults from 10 a.m. to noon. Card games, Wii bowling, movies.
• The New Bremen Library offers story time for children 3-5 at 6:30 p.m.
• The Stallo Memorial Library offers story time in Paris Street Park at 10 a.m.
• Jackson Center Memorial Branch Library, 202 S. Linden St., Jackson Center, hosts cards, coffee and doughnuts for adults from 9 to 11 a.m.
• A.J. Wise Library hosts a party in Fort Loramie Community Park at 6 p.m.
• New Bremen Parks Department hosts Hooked on Fishing, a fishing derby for children 3-15 in Industrial Park Pond along Ohio 274 west of New Bremen, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Prizes for various age categories. 419-629-3563.
• Upper Valley Medical Center Gift Shop, 3130 N. County Road 25A, Troy, hosts a flea market sale in the hospital cafeteria conference rooms on the lower level from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Sidney Parks and Recreation presents Stories in the Parks at 11 a.m. in Deam Park, 2100 N. Main Ave., Sidney. Free.
• The Philip Sheets Family Library, 109 E. Lynn St., Botkins, offers crafts to make from 2 to 7 p.m.
• The Anna Community Library, 304 N. Second St., Anna, hosts a Comicon party with super heroes, comic books, games, prizes and refreshments for children in sixth grade and younger at 2 p.m.
• Raise the Roof for the Arts screens the film, “Flashdance,” in the Historic Sidney Theatre, 120 W. Poplar St., Sidney, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $3. 498-1921.
• Victoria Theatre Association screens the film, “E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial,” at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton. Tickets: $3 at www.ticketcenterstage.com.
• The New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children 3-5 at 10:30 a.m.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts story time for children 3 to first grade from 10:30 to 11 a.m. 419-753-2724.
• Piqua Farmers Market runs from 3:30 to 8 p.m. along Canal Place between High and Ash streets in downtown Piqua.
• The Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, offers Tiny Thursdays story time, about musical instruments, for children 2-5 and their caregivers at 11 a.m. $6 per member child; $8 per nonmember child. 937-512-0167.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Send items to firstname.lastname@example.org.