• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Grease” through June 26. Times vary. Tickets: $59-$75 includes dinner. 800-677-9505.
• Shelby County Historical Society continues its exhibit, “Intrepid Women of Shelby County,” which runs through October, in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave. Monday-Friday, 1-5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m.-noon. Admission free.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents its exhibit, “Into the Ether: Contemporary Light Artists,” through June 26. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Thursday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m., Sunday, noon-5 p.m. Tickets: $14 adults, $11 seniors, active military and students, $6 children 7-17, children 6 and under and members free. 937-223-4278.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, presents solo exhibits by Bridgette Bogle and Jason Tanner Young through Friday. Exhibit is free Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. t0 3 p.m. 937-296-0294.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents “Satchel Paige and the Kansas City Swing,” through Saturday. Times vary. Tickets: $30-$86 at 800-582-3208 and www.cincyplay.com.
• Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati, 1127 Vine St., Cincinnati, presents “Violet” through Sunday. Tickets: $18-$44 at 513-421-3555 and www.ensemblecincinnati.org.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 302 W. Main St., Troy, presents two exhibits, “Imagining a Better World: The Artwork of Nelly Toll,” through July 10 and photographs by Jerry McGlothen through July 8. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Gateway Arts Council presents its 2016 Spring Fling exhibit in the gallery, 216 N. Miami Ave., through June 2, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Free.
• New Knoxville Public Library, 304 S. Main St., New Knoxville, offers a craft for adults, food stands, at 6 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724. Free.
• Soin LLC and Dayton International Festival Inc. present the 43rd annual A World A’Fair today from 5 to 11 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., at the Dayton Convention Center, 22 E. Fifth St., Dayton. Food, entertainment, exhibits. Admission: $8 adults, $5 seniors, $4 children 6-18. www.aworldafair.org.
• Dayton Opera presents “The book Collector” and “Carmina Burana” today at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Tickets: $38-$94 at www.daytonperformingarts.org.
• Darke County Parks hikes for butterfly monitoring at 2 p.m. Call 937-548-0165 for location.
• Anna Public Library, 304 N. Second St., Anna, offers drop-in preschool playtime from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Encore Theatre, 991 N. Shore Drive, Lima, presents “Making God Laugh” today through Sunday. Tickets: $15 adults, $12 seniors, $10 high school students and younger at 419-223-8866.
• Rotary Club of West Chester/Liberty hosts the Buckeye BBQ Fest in the Square @ Union Center, 9285 Centre Pointe Drive, West Chester, today from 5 to 11 p.m. and Saturday from noon to 11 p.m. Food, classic car show, children’s activities, music, beer. Admission: $5 adults, children under 12 free. www.buckeyebbqfest.org.
• The May Festival of classical music and opera runs today through Sunday and May 28-29 in Music Hall, 1241 Elm St., Cincinnati. Tickets: $9-$125 at 513-621-1919 and www.mayfestival.org.
• Marion Place Theatre, 276 W. Center St., Marion, presents 1 for the Road in concert at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $15 at 740-383-2101.
• Carpe Diem String Quartet performs in concert at 8 p.m. today and Saturday and 3 p.m, Sunday, in the McConnell Arts Center, 777 Evening St., Worthington. Tickets: $30 adults, $25 seniors, $10 students at www.cdsq.org.
• Allen County Fairgrounds, 2750 Harding Highway, Lima, hosts the 31st annual Spring 4-Wheel Jamboree Nationals today from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Trucks, vendors, competitions. Tickets: $20 adults, $10 children at www.4wheeljamboree.com.
• Miami County YMCA Robinson Branch, 3060 S. county Road 25A, Tipp City, hosts Saturday Nigh Live for children in grades 1-6 from 7 to 11:30 p.m. Swimming, games, bounce house, movie, pizza. $10 members, $16 nonmembers. 937-440-9622.
• Darke County Parks presents Frog Fever for children in kindergarten to second grade from 9:30 a.m. to noon and opens its log house and blacksmith shop from 1 to 4 p.m. at Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Fee: $3. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165.
• Sauder Village, 22611 state Route 2, Archbold, hosts the seventh annual Antique Car Gathering from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $16 adults, $10 children 6-16, children under five free. 800-590-9755.
• Brukner Nature Center hosts a bird hike at the River’s Edge Wildlife Preserve, Calumet Road just off state Route 48, near Ludlow Falls, today and from the interpretive center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, Tuesday, both at 7:30 a.m. Free.
• Darke County Parks hosts Wandering for Warblers, a birdwatching hike, at 9 a.m.
• Gun and knife show at the Shelby county Fairgrounds, 655 S. Highland Ave., runs from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission: $4 adults, children 14 and under free.
• Miami County Gourmet Food Truck Competition and Rally runs from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. in the Miami County Fairgrounds, 650 N. county Road 25A, Troy. Free. 937-335-7492.
• Oxford Chamber of Commerce presents the Oxford Wine Festival from 2 to 10 p.m. at E. & W. Park Place, Oxford. Tickets: $20 in advance at oxfordwinefestival.com; $25 at the door includes glass and five tastings.
• Decorative Arts Center of Ohio, 145 E. Main St., Lancaster, presents “Edith Head & Company,” an exhibit of theatrical and film costumes, today through Aug. 14. Free. 740-681-1423.
• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Origami in the Garden,” large- and small-scale works in metal, through Nov. 13. Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $13 adults, $10 seniors and students, $6 children 3-17, members and children 2 and under, free. fpconservatory.org.
• Fulton County Museum, 229 Monroe St., hosts Gold Star Mother’s Tea with seatings every 20 minutes from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tea and living history stories. Tickets in advance only: $12.50 at 419-337-7922.
• Green Springs Civil War Days runs from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., today, and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, at 401 N. Broadway St., Green Springs. Historical talks and demonstrations. Free. 419-639-3909.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, hosts chickadee painting for people 13 and older from 1 to 4 p.m. All materials provided. Fee: $35. 937-698-6493.
• Allen County Museum, 620 W. Market St., Lima, presents a talk, “Reminiscing the Golden Years of Radio,” by Larry Oatman, at 2 p.m. Free. 419-222-9426.
• The Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn, screens a movie, “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” at 4 p.m. Tickets: $5 at 937-656-4629.
• Glen Helen, 405 Corry St., Yellow Springs, hosts International Biodiversity Day. Collect digital photos of the glen. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. 937-769-1902.
• Anna Community Library, 304 N. Second St., Anna, presents Story Times with Sheila at 3:30 p.m.
• The Sheets Family Botkins Branch Library, 109 E. Lynn St., Botkins, offer preschool story time for children 3-5 at 6:30 p.m. Free.
• The Stallo Memorial Library, 196 E. 4th St., Minster, offers after-school stories and ice cream sundaes to children of all ages at 3:30 p.m. Free.
• The New Bremen Library, 45 S. Washington St., New Bremen, hosts fun and games for adults at 1 p.m. Free. Advance registration required at 419-629-2158.
• Glen Helen, 405 Corry St., Yellow Springs, hosts Trailside Kids Club for children 6-12 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Fee: $2. Advance registration required at 937-769-1902.
• Victoria Theatre Association presents Metaphorically Speaking, slam poetry, in its Mid-Day Arts Cafe at 11:30 a.m. and a talk, “A Year in Space,” by astronaut Scott Kelly at 8 p.m. in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Tickets: Cafe: $15 includes lunch. Speech: $25-$90. 888-228-3630.
• New Bremen Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. 419-629-2158.
• New Bremen Public Library presents story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and Book Buzz for adults at 1 p.m.
• New Knoxville Public Library offers Last Day of Schol Drop-in Treats from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and story time for children 3-first grade at 3 p.m. 419-753-2724.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to email@example.com.