SIDNEY — The city of Sidney will begin the annual fall leaf collection on Oct. 31.
City crews will be making several rounds daily collecting leaves in each area of the map that can be found on the city website. Collection is expected to continue until Dec. 2 in all areas; however, work is subject to change due to weather and equipment availability.
Leaves not collected by Dec. 2 must be placed in a biodegradable bag and placed at the curb the week of Dec. 13 for yard waste pickup.
Residents are reminded of the following leaf collection guidelines:
• Place all loose leaves on the tree lawn; not the pavement or in the vicinity of catch basins.
• Ensure all leaf piles are free of garbage and other yard waste items. Brush, branches and large twigs are to be placed in a separate pile conforming to yard waste guidelines.
• Ensure that no loose stone, asphalt or concrete is in leaf pile.
• Contaminated piles of leaves will not be collected.
• Do not park in or on top of leaf piles, or they will not be collected.
Residents may check the status of the crew in your area on the city website at www.sidneyoh.com each Friday once leaf collection begins.