VERSAILLES – A fire broke out at approximately 10:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 2, at the intersection of Greenville St. Marys Road and State Route 185.
Five fire departments were at the scene. No injuries were reported. According to Chief Bill Clark of Ansonia Fire Department, the damage to the house is extensive.
“There were flames inside and out,” he said. “We had to cut open the walls and insulation to get to the fire. We are still investigating, but believe it to be a chimney fire.”
Clark sent out a safety message to help prevent fires like this from happening.
“With the cold weather coming on, you have to make sure your chimney and stove pipes are clean,” he said. “Dirty chimneys cause chimney fires, which cause structure damage and can destroy your home.”
The fire was put out at approximately at noon.
The writer may be reached at 937-569-4354.