• The Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, continues two exhibits, “Call to Duty: World War Posters” and “Tears of Stone: World War I Remembered, Photographs by Jane Alden Stevens,” which remain on view through Oct. 4. Hours vary. Museum admission: $14 adults, $11 seniors, students, active military, $6 children 7-17, children 6 and under free.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, exhibits quilts, “Five in Fiber,” through Oct. 4. Free.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents the musical, “The Secret Garden,” through Oct. 3. Times vary. Tickets: $35 and up at 800-582-3208 and www.cincyplay.com.
• Gateway Arts Council continues its Bad Art by Good People exhibit in its galleries at 216 N. Miami Ave. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts a program about science, technology, engineering, art and math for children in grades K-3 at 6:30 p.m. Free.
• Old Time Country Music Jamboree, Port Jefferson Commmunity Building, 7-10 p.m.
• Grand Lake St. Marys State Park Fall Fest opens today at 4 p.m. and runs through 3 p.m., Sunday. Food, arts and crafts vendors, Rockin’Out mineral activities, entertainment, tours, trucks. 419-394-3611.
• The Jackson Center Library hosts preschool story time, “Adventures,” for children 2-6 at 11 a.m. Free.
The Russia Library hosts preschool story time for children 3 1/2 to kindergarten at 10:15 a.m.
• Ace Adventure Resort, 1 Concho Road, Minden, West Virginia, presents Party in the Holler, a concert featuring four bands. Tickets: $40-$69. No time listed. 800-787-3982.
• Uncommon Quartet will perform in Anna Community Park at 7:30 p.m. Free. Take lawn chairs.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, hosts a celebration of the monarch butterfly from 1 to 4 p.m. Movie, family activities. Admission: $2.50. 937-698-6493.
• Whistling Goat Music and Arts Festival, 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., Shelby County Fairgrounds. Entertainment, food, arts and crafts, children’s activities, games. Admission: $5.
• Great Sidney Farmers Market, courtsquare, 8 a.m.-noon. Strawberry jam contest.
• YMCA fun run, 8 a.m., 5K at 8:30 a.m., 300 E. Parkwood St., Sidney.
• Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum, 118 Woodland Ave., Dayton, hosts the Women of Woodland tour at 10 a.m. Free, but advance registration required at 937-228-3221 or www.woodlandcemetery.org.
• Darke County Parks presents Monarch Mania, a program about butterflies, at 2 p.m. at the Shawnee Prairie Preserve Nature Center, 4267 State Route 502, Greenville. Free.
• The 23rd annual 4-H Breakfast will be at the Sidney Elks Club, 221 S. Main Ave., from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tickets at door: $7 adults, $3 children under 16.
• Sauder Village, 22611 State Route 2, Archbold, offers two-for-one adult admission and free children admission for Grandparents Day today from noon to 4 p.m. Mention “Grandparents Special.” Admission: $16 adults, $14 seniors, $10 children 6-16, children under 6, free.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts a story time program using sign language for all children at 10:30 a.m. and Lego Fun at 3 p.m.
• The Sheets Family Library in Botkins hosts preschool story time for children 3-5 at 6:30 p.m.
• The 2015 Kentucky Bourbon Festival opens at 7:30 p.m. in Bardstown, Kentucky, and runs through 5 p.m., Sept. 20. Tastings, balloon glow, children’s activities, cruise-in, games, trolley rides, ghost hunts. Info and schedule at www.KyBourbonFestival.com.
• Today is the deadline to register for the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine Center for Healthy Communities and Ohio Statewide Area Health Education Centers Region IV seminar, “Protecting Our Community: Understanding Domestic Sex Trafficking,” scheduled for Sept. 22 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Madison Lakes Learning and Conference Center, 581 Olive Road, Dayton. Fee: $20. Register at medicine.wright.edu/healthlink.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St., offers a program of coloring books for adults at 6 p.m. Advance registration required at 492-8354.
• Anna Community Library hosts Totally Awesome Tuesdays for adults from 10 a.m. to noon. Cards, games, Wii bowling, movies. Free.
• Jackson Center Memorial Branch Library offers cards, coffee and doughnuts for adults from 9 to 11 a.m. Free.
• The New Bremen Public Library presents story time for children 3-5 at 6:30 p.m.
The Stallo Memorial Library in Minsters presents story time for children 3 to kindergarten at 10:30 a.m.
• Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum, 118 Woodland Ave., Dayton, hosts a History, Mystery, Mayhem and MUrder Tour at 5:30 p.m. Free, but advance registration is required at 937-228-3221.
• New Knoxville Public Library offers YOLO, make your own swag, for children in fourth grade and older, at 3 p.m. Advance registration at 419-753-2724. Free.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster presents a talk by Ken Sowards, “One Man, One Farm, One Lifetime,” about arrowheads, at 6:30 p.m.
The A.J. Wise Library in Fort Loramie hosts open play at 6 p.m. and Toddler Time at 6:30 p.m.
• The New Bremen Public Library presents story time for children 3-5 at 10:30 a.m. and crafting for adults at 1 p.m. Advance registration for crafts at 419-629-2158.
• The New Knoxville Public Library presents story time for children 3 to first grade at 3 p.m.
• The Rebel Run Rod and Custom Nationals car show opens at noon at the Shelby County Fairgrounds and runs through 3 p.m., Sept. 20. Admission charge.
• The Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum, 118 Woodland Ave., Dayton, hosts a tour of the cemetery and it’s historic graves at noon. Free, but advance registration required at 937-228-3221 and www.woodlandcemetery.org.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Send items to firstname.lastname@example.org.