• The seventh annual Louisville International Film Festival begins today and runs through Monday at the Kentucky Science Center, 727 W. Main St., Louisville, Kentucky. Tickets: $5-$50 at 502-540-5324.
• Victoria Theatre Association presents Home Free in concert at 7:30 p.m. in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton. Tickets: $29 and up at www.ticketcenterstage.com and 937-228-3630.
• The Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, continues two exhibits, “Call to Duty: World War Posters” and “Tears of Stone: World War I Remembered, Photographs by Jane Alden Stevens,” which remain on view through Sunday. Hours vary. Museum admission: $14 adults, $11 seniors, students, active military, $6 children 7-17, children 6 and under free.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, exhibits quilts, “Five in Fiber,” through Sunday. Free.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents the musical, “The Secret Garden,” through Saturday and “Sex with Strangers” through Oct. 25. Times vary. Tickets: $35 and up at 800-582-3208 and www.cincyplay.com.
• The 23rd annual Piqua Arts Council Fine Art Exhibit continues through Friday at the Apple Tree Gallery, 405 N. Main St., Piqua. Free.
• The BIA Parade of Homes runs through Saturday at the Northstar Community in Delaware County. Homes are open Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets: $15 at BIAparade.com for adults; children 12 and under, free. Parking: $5.
• Gateway Arts Council hosts the Bad Art Ball at 6:30 p.m. at the Palazzo, 309 S. Main St., Botkins. Dinner, art auction. $25. 498-2787.
• New Knoxville Library hosts a discussion of “My Antonia” by Willa Cather at 6 p.m.
• Victoria Theatre Association presents “The K of D, an Urban Legend” today through Sunday in the Schuster Arts Center in downtown Dayton. Times vary. Tickets: $15-$20 at www.ticketcenterstage.com and 888-228-3630.
• Jackson Center Library hosts preschool story time at 11 a.m.
• The Wise Memorial Library in Fort Loramie hosts preschool story time at 10:30 a.m.
• The Russia Library hosts preschool story time at 10:15 a.m.
• The 41st annual Minster Oktoberfest runs from 6 p.m. to midnight today, from 9:30 a.m. to midnight Saturday, and from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at sites throughout the village. Food, drink, beer tray relay, parade, vendors, entertainment, games. www.minsteroktoberfest.com.
• Sidney Haunted Woods, 2232 W. Russell Road, opens at dark today and Saturday. Runs Fridays and Saturdays through Oct. 31. Admission: $11 adults; $8 children 6-12 and military members; free for children 5 and under. 658-6114.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, hosts the Rhythm and Roots Music Festival from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Music, food, crafts for sale, children’s activities. Free. 937-339-0457.
• The Shelby County Animal Rescue Foundation hosts the third annual Walk to End Parvo at VanDemark Farm, 2401 S. Vandemark Road. Registration at 9 a.m. Walk from 10 to 11 a.m. Dogs (no retractable leashes) welcome. www.helpshelbycountyanimals.com.
• The Senior Center of Sidney and Shelby County, 304 S. West Ave., hosts an open house from 8 a.m. to noon.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, presents Creature Feature at 2 p.m. Admission charge. 937-698-6493.
• Sauder Village, 22611 State Route 2, Archbold, hosts All Aboard, a train event, today from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 4 p.m. Displays, prizes, train ride. Admission: $16 adults, $10 students 6-16, children 5 and under free. 800-590-9755 or www.saudervillage.org.
• Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra performs “One Night of the Bee Gees” with Stayin’ Alive in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton at 8 p.m. Tickets: $29-$81 at 937-228-3630 adn www.daytonperformingarts.org.
• The Champaign Aviation Museum, 1652 N. Main St., Urbana, presents a Remembrance Day ceremony for U.S. Army Air Corps World War II veterans and families of deceased veterans at 10 a.m. www.champaignaviationmuseum.org.
• The Springfield Symphony Orchestra performs “Totally Beethoven” at 8 p.m. in the Clark State Performing Arts Center, 300 S. Fountain Ave., Springfield. Tickets: $27-$51 adults, $15-$39 students at www.springfieldsym.org.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St., offers a make-it/take-it book pumpkin craft for people 18 and older from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fee: $3. Advance registration at 492-8354.
• Darke County Parks hosts a hike to find bottle gentians at Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 State Route 502, Greenville, at 2 p.m. Free. 937-548-0165.
• The Great Sidney Farmer’s Market runs on the courtsquare from 8 a.m. to noon, featuring apples.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mercer, Auglaize and Van Wert Counties hosts a Full HeART Paint & Sip at 1 p.m. at the St. Marys Fraternal Order of Police Building. Tickets: $47 at 419-234-1154.
• The Queen City Beautiful Doll Club presents a doll and toy show and sale at the Holiday Inn I-275 Nort, 3855 Hauck Road, Cincinnati, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission: $4 adults, children under 12, free. Includes Barbie appraisal. 513-207-8409.
• The Versailles Garden Club presents its Holiday Happenings 2015 Show and Bazaar in St. Denis Church, Versailles, at 7 p.m. Admission: $5.
• Today is the deadline to register children in grades K-5 for Fall Night of Discovery scheduled for Oct. 9 from 7 to 10 p.m. at Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy. $10 members, $15 nonmembers. 937-698-6493.
• The Anna Community Library screens after-school movies at 3:30 p.m. and hosts Family Fun Night from 5 to 7 p.m. Free.
• The Sheets Family Botkins Library hosts Tales for Twos, for children 1 1/2 to 2 and their parents, at 6 p.m., and preschool story time at 6:30 p.m. Free.
• The New Bremen Library hosts story time using sign language at 10:30 a.m. and Move and Groove to the Music for children in grades K-3 at 6:30 p.m. Free.
• The New Knoxville Library hosts the Lego Builders club for children 3-12 at 3 p.m. and a program about researching family history at 6:30 p.m. Advance registration for family history program at 419-753-2724.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St., offers a program of coloring books for adults at 6 p.m. Advance registration required at 492-8354.
• Victoria Theatre Association presents “Pippin” today through Oct. 11 in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Times vary. Tickets: $25 and up at www.ticketcenterstage.com and 888-228-3630.
• Tri-Moraine Audubon Society will present a talk by jan Hunter, “Landscaping with Native Plants,” at 7:30 p.m. in the OSU-Lima’s Visitor and Student Services Center, 3900 Campus Drive, Lima. Free.
• The Wilson Health Auxiliary hosts a jewelry sale in the hospital lobby from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. today and from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday.
• Anna Community Branch Library hosts Totally Awesome Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to noon for adults. Cards, games, Wii bowling, movie. Free.
• The Stallo Memorial Library in Minsters presents story time for children 3 to kindergarten at 10:30 a.m.
• The New Bremen Public Library presents story time for children 3-5 at 6:30 p.m.
• The Anna Community Library hosts Game Days after School from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Puzzles, board games, Wii, Playstation. Free.
• The Jackson Center Library hosts Wacky Wednesdays for children in preschool through 12th grade. After school.
• New Knoxville Library hosts Paws to Read for children in grades K-3 to read to dogs at 3:15 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• The Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts Coffee and Craft for adults. Make candle holders. Advance registration at 419-628-2925. Free.
• Today is the deadline to register for Nature Photography 101, a workshop scheduled for Oct. 10 from 1 to 4 p.m. at Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy. Fee: $25 members, $35 nonmembers. 937-698-6493.
• The New Bremen Public Library presents story time for children 3-5 at 10:30 a.m. and Readers Theatre for children in grades 4-5 at 3:30 p.m.
• New Knoxville Library hosts story time for children 3 to first grade at 3 p.m.
• A.B. Graham Memorial Center, U.S. 36, Conover, hosts a senior luncheon with a program by Doug Christian, “History of the Eldean Bridge,” at 11 a.m. $6. Advance registration at 937-368-3700.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Send items to [email protected]