Upper Valley Career Center Board of Education
PIQUA — The Upper Valley Career Center Board of Education will meet Monday, May 22, at 6 p.m. in the Adams Board Room.
Reports will be given by the superintendent, board president and a board member. The board is expected to approve grant funds for the district, reimburse alternative resident educator tuition, approve purchase orders and approve staff contracts for the 2017-18 school year.
Sidney City Council
SIDNEY — The Sidney City Council will meet Monday, May 22, at 6:30 p.m. in council chambers in the Municipal Building. They will be given an update on the Historical Society.
Council will be introduced to an ordinance amending a section of the codified ordinances regarding the Shelby Public Transit System rates.
Council is also expected to adopt six resolutions, and they are:
• To authorize the appointment of Gary J. Carter to the Airport Advisory Committee;
• To authorize the reappointment of Gary Heitmeyer to the Airport Advisory Committee;
• To confirm the reappointment of Ernest Williams to the Shelby County Metropolitan Housing Authority;
• For adoption of the city’s comprehensive plan
• To authorize the city manager to enter into a second amendment to enterprise zone agreement regarding the name change of Energizer Personal Care to Edgewell Personal Care;
• To authorize the city manager to enter into an amended substitute development agreement regarding the American Legion subdivision.
In addition, council will also hold an executive session for pending or imminent court action, possible investment or expenditure of public funds made in connection with an economic development project and to consider the purchase of property for public purposes.
New Knoxville Board of Education
NEW KNOXVILLE — The New Knoxville Board of Education will meet Monday, May 22, at 7 p.m. in the media center.
Reports will be given by the New Knoxville Education Association, principals and superintendent. Personnel items includes hiring employees and awarding supplemental contracts. Other items on the agenda includes accepting donations, setting high school and junior high ticket prices and approving a new five-year agreement with Tri Star Career Compact.
Botkins Village Council
BOTKINS — The Botkins Village Council will meet in special session, Tuesday, May 23, at 7 p.m., in council chambers.
The council will consider vacating an alleyway.