NEW BREMEN — With creativity and participation at an all-time high, it’s no surprise that hundreds of votes were cast in the New Bremen Pumpkin People Contest again this year. Nineteen businesses and organizations participated in the 7th annual contest put on by the New Bremen Community Improvement Corporation and the Southwestern Auglaize County Chamber of Commerce.
“This year traffic in town was much more than previous year’s, which shows that more people are becoming aware of the Pumpkin People and wanting to see the creativity of the local business community,” said Chamber Director Logan O’Neill. “This is a fun way to showcase our local businesses and get ready for Pumpkinfest.”
The top five pumpkin people with the most votes were:
• First place went to “Pump’kin Iron” made by the Auglaize-Mercer YMCA receiving 101 votes.
• Second place went to “Miss ABC 123” made by YMCA Learning Center receiving 97 votes.
• Third place went to “Gabi the Gilbergnista” made by Gilberg Furniture which received 85 votes.
• Fourth place went to “The Wait…Historical Plumbing Problems” made by the New Bremen Historic Society and Gagel Plumbing & Heating which received 82 votes.
• Fifth place went to “Donald Trumpkin” made by Gilberg-Hartwig Funeral Home with 80 votes.
The New Bremen CIC and Southwestern Auglaize County Chamber of Commerce would like to thank the participating businesses and all of the voters in this year’s Pumpkin Person contest. The three winning voters whose voting ballots were drawn are Ginny Voress, Brittany Teagano, and Wesley Ruedebusch and each of them were awarded a chamber gift certificate for their participation. The Chamber of Commerce provided the prizes to support the contest, including a $100 gift certificate to the first place winning business.
This article was submitted by the Southwestern Auglaize County Chamber of Commerce