Fire damages house, contents


SIDNEY — A fire which started above a ceiling fan damaged a house and its contents Wednesday morning.

At 11:15 a.m. on Sept. 6, 2017, firefighters were dispatched to 219 Pike St. for a fire in the residence.

On arrival, firefighters found a single-story home, with light smoke showing from the gable vents. Upon investigation a fire was found in the attic space above the living room. The fire was quickly extinguished and did not extend beyond the affected area.

The occupant and two small children were home at the time of the fire. They were able to safely evacuate without injury. No firefighters were injured while extinguishing the fire.

The total loss to the property is estimated at $7,500 and $2,000 to the contents.

The fire was determined to have started in the attic area above a ceiling fan and the cause was electrical in nature.

.neFileBlock {
margin-bottom: 20px;
}
.neFileBlock p {
margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
}
.neFileBlock .neFile {
border-bottom: 1px dotted #aaa;
padding-bottom: 5px;
padding-top: 10px;
}
.neFileBlock .neCaption {
font-size: 85%;
}

Sidney firefighters talk after getting a house fire under control at 219 Pike Street Wednesday, Sept. 6. The cause of the fire is determined to be electrical.
https://www.sidneydailynews.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/47/2017/09/web1_SDN090717HouseFire-1.jpgSidney firefighters talk after getting a house fire under control at 219 Pike Street Wednesday, Sept. 6. The cause of the fire is determined to be electrical. Luke Gronneberg | Sidney Daily News