• Wilson Health hosts the seventh annual Hope Launch for people affected by the death of a child, at 7:30 p.m. in front of the Copeland-Emerson Family Birth Center on the Wilson Health campus along Michigan Street. Reservations at 498-5391.
• WACO Historical Society presents a talk by Jim Martin about the use of drones at the WACO Air Museum, 1865 S. County Road 25A, Troy, at 7 p.m. Free. www.wacoairmuseum.org.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents “Sex with Strangers” through Oct. 25. Times vary. Tickets: $35 and up at 800-582-3208 and www.cincyplay.com.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Dr., Kettering, exhibits “The Consent” by Terry Welker, and “Infinite Loop, by Nikos Fydor Rutkowski, through Friday and quilts by the Miami Valley Quilters’ Guild through Saturday.
• Piano Works, 48 W. Main St., Logan, hosts Random Acts of Art from noon to 6 p.m., daily, through Oct. 31. Music, dance, art to do and see. 740-380-6683.
• Gateway Arts Council Gallery, 216 N. Miami Ave., exhibits works by Chloe McEldowney through Nov. 5. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Free. 498-2787.
• Shelby County Libraries presents a Books and Brews discussion of “Wright Brothers” by David McCullough, Brew Nation, 110 E. Poplar St., Sidney, 6-8 p.m. 492-8354.
• Piqua Public Library, 116 W. High St., Piqua, screens a Disney movie at 6 p.m. Free.
• Tipp City Players Community Theater presents a reader’s theater rendition of “The War of the Worlds” by H.G. Wells, at 7 p.m. today and Saturday in the Tipp Roller Mill Theater, 225 E. Main St., Tipp City. Tickets: $10 at 937-667-0175 and tippcityplayers.org.
• Sauder Village, 22611 State Route 2, Archbold, hosts Fall Family Fun Night today and Saturday from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Advance registration required at www.saudervillage.org. Tickets: $13 adults, $7 children 4-16, children 3 and under, free. 800-590-9755.
• The Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra performs “Fire and Rain: Iconic Folk Rock of the 70s” with singer-songwriters AJ Swearingen and Jayne Kelli, today and Saturday at 8 p.m., in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Tickets: $27-$78 at 937-228-3630 and www.daytonperformingarts.org.
• Amos Memorial Public Library hosts its annual book sale today from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the American Legion hall, 1265 Fourth Ave. 492-8354.
• Senior-Center of Sidney-Shelby County, 304 S. West Ave., hosts a fall dance from 7 to 10 p.m. Music by Bill Corfield, refreshments, gifts, door prizes and 50/50 drawing. Admission: $5 members; $7 nonmembers. 492-5266.
• Sidney Haunted Woods, 2232 W. Russell Road, opens at dark today and Saturday. Runs Fridays and Saturdays through Oct. 31. Admission: $11 adults; $8 children 6-12 and military members; free for children 5 and under. 658-6114.
• Downtown Sidney hosts its annual Chocolate Walk for people 18 and older beginning at the Sidney-Shelby County Chamber of Commerce, 101 S. Main Ave., second floor, at 7 p.m. Tickets: $15. 492-9122.
• The Anna Public Library presents story time, “Ten Little Pumpkins/Make a Pumpkin,” at 1 p.m.
• Jackson Center Library hosts preschool story time at 11 a.m.
• The Wise Memorial Library in Fort Loramie hosts preschool story time at 10:30 a.m.
• The Russia Library hosts preschool story time at 10:15 a.m.
• Historic Roscoe Village, 600 N. Whitewoman Street, Coshocton, presents the 46th annual Apple Butter Stirrin’ Festival today and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Food, canal boat rides, children’s activities, raffles, entertainment. Admission: $5 adults; children under 12, free. 800-877-1830.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Dr., Kettering, offers a drop-in yoga class from noon to 1 p.m. Fee: $5 Kettering residents; $6 nonresidents.
• Young’s Jersey Dairy, , offers family-friendly ghost stories and haunted hayrides from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. today and Saturday. Tickets: $10 people 5 and older; $4 children under 5. youngsdairy.com.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, opens “Mad River Rising,” by Dana Yeaton, at 8 p.m. Performances continue through Nov. 14. Times vary. Tickets: $30-$45. www.cincyplay.com or 800-582-3208.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, presents Haunted Woods from 6:30 to 8 p.m. today, Sunday and Oct. 24-25. Tickets: $3 members, $5 nonmembers. 937-698-6493.
• The 10th annual Autumn Artisans Showcase runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Monroe Grange building, 4729 Peters Road, Tipp City. arts and crafts, homemade food and door prizes.
• Kingwood Center, 50 N. Trimble Road, Mansfield, presents its annual Great Pumpkin Glow today from 5 to 10 p.m. and Sunday from 5 to 9 p.m. Hundreds of glowing pumpkins, glow-in-the dark balloons, scarecrows, vendors, displays, hayrides, food. Tickets: $5 adults 13 and older; children 12 and under, free. 419-522-0211.
• The Ohio Bird Sanctuary, 3774 Orweiller Road, Mansfield, hosts its annual fall festival from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Crafts, zoo animals, wildlife activities, photo opportunities. Admission: $10 per vehicle. 419-884-4895.
• The Great Sidney Farmer’s Market runs on the courtsquare from 8 a.m. to noon.
• Downtown Sidney presents Fall Fest on the courtsquare from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Costume contest, pumpkin-carving contest, trick-or-treating. 492-9122.
• Bonnybrook Farms, 3779 State Route 132, Clarksville, offers a lantern-lighted wagon ride and a crazed corn maze from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Tickets: $7-$21 at bonnybrookfarms.com.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Dr., Kettering, hosts SuburbiCon 2015: Comic Creator Expo from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Demonstrations, sales, comic swap. Free. playkettering.org/rosewood.
• Piqua Tourism Council, Mainstreet Piqua and Piqua Public Library present a walking tour of the Piqua Power Plant area from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. leaving from the parking lot south of the plant, 918 S. Main St., Piqua. And a Haunted Piqua Walking Tour departing at 7, 8:30 and 10 p.m. in downtown Piqua. Tickets: $5 for power plant; $10 for haunted Piqua at Mainstreet Piqua, 326 N. Main St. 937-773-9355.
• Lock One Community Arts presents the Toledo Symphony’s “An Evening of Rodgers and Hammerstein” at 3 p.m. in the James F. Dicke Auditorium at New Bremen High School. Tickets: $30 adults, $15 students, at 567-356-2048 and Western Ohio True Value Hardware.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mercer, Auglaize and Van Wert Counties hosts a Princess Day at St. Henry Elementary School from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Admission: $15. Registration forms on Facebook.
• The Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra performs “PhilharMonster,” a family concert, at 3 p.m. in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Tickets: $22 adults, $12 children at 937-338-3630 and www.daytonperformingarts.org.
• St. Marys Kiwanis and Heritage Trails Park District host the 46th annual Walk with Nature on the Miami-Erie Canal towpath and the seventh annual Fall Festival in Memorial Park from noon to 5 p.m. Entertainment, car show, re-enactors, crafts, farmers market, children’s activities, exhibits, train tours. 800-860-4726.
• Wilson Health’s Employee Council hosts purse bingo at 1 p.m. in the beige building at the Shelby County Fairgrounds. Admission: $20 includes cards.
• Shelby Soil and Water Conservation District hosts Forestry Field Day for families from 1 to 4 p.m. in Bornhorst Woods, along Staley Road between Wells and Amsterdam, Anna. Hikes, chainsaw sculpting demonstrations, wood carvers, honey bee display, crafts, candy scramble at 2:15 p.m., Smokey the Bear at 2:30 p.m., refreshments. Free. www.shelbyswcd.org, 492-6520, ext. 3.
• Wilson Hospice hosts Light Up a Life, a memorial service, at 2 p.m. in the Senior Center of Sidney-Shelby County, 304 S. West. Ave.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St., presents a talk by teen author and Fairlawn graudate Sara Raasch and a book-signing at 4 p.m. 492-8354.
• Anna Community Branch Library screens after-school movies at 3:30 p.m. and hosts Family Fun Night from 5 to 7 p.m.
• The Sheets Memorial Library in Botkins hosts Tales for Twos at 6 p.m. and preschool story time at 6:30 p.m.
• The Russia Library hosts the adult book club at 6:30 p.m.
• The New Bremen Library hosts Kat & Alice who lead a knitting craft from 6:30 to 7 p.m. Fee: $10 for supplies.
• New Knoxville Library hosts Bingo Bash from 3 to 4 p.m.
• Wright State Physicians Orthopaedics present a talk by Iva Staats, “No Bones about It: Minimizing the Impact of Age-Related Decline in Bone Health,” at 7 p.m. in the Wright StatePhysicians Health Center, 725 University Blvd., Classroom 1, at Wright State University, Fairborn. Free but registration required at 937-208-2128.
• Anna Community Branch Library hosts Totally Awesome Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to noon for adults. Cards, games, Wii bowling, movie. Free.
• The Stallo Memorial Library in Minsters presents story time for children 3 to kindergarten at 10:30 a.m.
• The New Bremen Public Library presents story time for children 3-5 at 6:30 p.m.
• The Stallo Library in Minster presents Pamper Yourself, a workshop to make lotions and scrubs, at 6 p.m. Chair massages available. Free.
• Wilson Health hosts a community needs assessment meeting at the Senior Center of Sidney-Shelby County, 304 S. West Ave., at 6 p.m.
• Anna Community BranchL Library hosts Game Days after School at 3:30 p.m.
• New Knoxville Library presents a YOLO craft for children in fourth grade and older at 3 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• The Circleville Pumpkin Show opens today and runs through Oct. 24 in downtown Circleville. Food, entertainment, games, crafts, 14-foot pumpkin pie. www.pumpkinshow.com.
• The New Bremen Public Library presents story time for children 3-5 at 10:30 a.m. and Book Buzz for adults at 1 p.m.
• New Knoxville Library hosts story time for children 3 to first grade at 3 p.m.
• Piqua Public Library, 116 W. High St., Piqua, hosts story time for children newborn through 2 at 10:30 a.m. Advance registration required at 937-773-6753.
• Toledo Zoo, 2 Hippo Way, Toledo, hosts Little Boo at the Toledo Zoo, Halloween fun for preschoolers, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today and Oct. 23. Entertainment, trick-or-treating, animals. Admission: $14 adults and children 2 and older; $7 children under 2; $11 seniors. www.toledozoo.org.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Dr., Kettering, hosts Art Lunch from noon to 1 p.m. Take a lunch and creative things to discuss. Free.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to email@example.com.