BOTKINS — The Botkins Board of Education met Wednesday night and hired several new faculty members.
The board hired Bryan Trego as the athletic aide and Tina Flora as a driver’s training instructor for the 2015-16 school year at an hourly rate of $19.50.
They also hired the following substitutes per established rates:
• Scott Nanik, substitute bus driver
• Phil Snider, substitute janitor
• Kaitlynn Caldwell, substitute teacher
• Jennifer Luebke, substitute teacher
• Sharon Richards, substitute teacher
• Kelsey Thompson, substitute teacher
• Chris Timmerman, substitute teacher
• Jennifer Paulus, substitute teacher
Several issues with the school are being addressed, including the boiler, hardware on the doors, doors being propped open, card readers, landscaping and the PA system. They are also working on getting lighting for the bus parking lot.
In finances the board approved the treasurer’s report by fund, the investment report, then and now purchase orders, and cash balance report as presented.
They also approved the 5-year forecast for the district as presented. The carryover balance looks good for now, they said. There is room in the forecast for the purchase of a new bus.
Donations to the Cole Field renovations were accepted by the board:
• Caleb Koch, $125
• Mark Goubeaux Family, $40
• Daniel and Christine Anderson, $50
• Donald and Judith Seitz , $15
• Tara Vehorn, $20
• Ryan Piche, $19.50
• Kenneth and Violet Koenig, $500
• Samuel and Stacy Braun, $25
• Jeff and Andrea Metz, $100
• Timothy and Darla Dietz, $100
• Robert and Stacy Motter, $100
• Patrick and Shirley Elsass, $100
• Michael and Ann Loy, $50
• Anonymous, $200
Louise Sheets Fund money was recently distributed. It was reported at the meeting that a little more than $84,000 was distributed.
Also at the meeting, the board adopted the following resolutions of commendations:
• Chloe Flora: girls cross country record
• Natalie Ambos: girls soccer career goals record
• Josh Miller: district golf qualifier
• Boys Soccer Team and Coaches: WOSL League Champs
The board adopted the Park User Fee agreement for 2016. There were no increases over the 2015 agreement. There will be coming changes with how activities at the park are scheduled, but this will be discussed more at future meetings.
They changed the November regular board meeting to Nov. 19.
Reach this writer at 937-538-4825; follow on Twitter @SDNAlexandraN