JACKSON CENTER – The Jackson Center Board of Education met June 15 and continued discussion on the new building project.
Dan and John Freytag and Larry Ludlow of Freytag and Associates were in attendance to discuss refinements to layouts for the new building project. They provided an overview of the status of the building layout. They also noted that June 26 was a target date to provide the Ohio Schools Facilities Commission a first formal look at the schematic design of the proposed layout.
A forum for the public was provided in regards to the process required for rehiring teachers Cathy Tenney, Susan Elmore and Regina Hunsucker. There were no visitors who provided comment.
It was reported that summer room maintenance and cleaning is going very well and the elementary wing, along with most of the 2nd floor of the middle school wing, is already complete.
In other business, the board:
• Approved the program services agreement with the Midwest Regional Educational Service Center. Aside of the reduction of services provided for elementary MH students, (now being provided in house) the majority of these services will remain the same.
• Approved the purchase of products and services for the redesign and resurfacing of the high school gym floor.
• Approved school fees for the 2015-16 school year, which will remain flat. An additional fee has been added for a new elective class, administered by the Upper Valley Career Center at Jackson Center, called Mechanical Principals.
• Approved lunch prices as recommended. The prices will remain the same at $2.15 for elementary and $2.40 for high school. Breakfast will remain at $1.25.
• Approved an addendum to the certified negotiated agreement to include a $500 stipend for the coordinator of Destination Imagination.