• National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn, screens the movie, “Hidden Figures,” and presents a talk by retired NASA Administrator and astronaut Col. Fred Gregory at 6:30 p.m. Tickets: $12 at https://afmuseum.givezooks.com/events/hidden-figures/.
• WACO Air Museum, 1865 S. county Road 25A, Troy, presents a talk by Scott Rhoades, “Project Breckinridge: The Reduced Gravity Flight Research Experience,” at 7 p.m. Free. 937-335-9226.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, exhibits “Laura Park: 2017 Columbus Comics Residency Exhibition” through Feb. 11, “Three Chagalls” through March 11, “Sidney Chafetz: Poets and False Prophets” through Dec. 3, “Botanical Wonders: Flower Figure Quilts 1850-1950” through March 11; and “Motion” through April 30. Exhibit hours vary. Museum admission: Adults $14; seniors, $8; students 18 and older, $8; students 6-17, $5; children 5 and under, free; Sundays free; Thursdays 5 to 9 p.m., pay what you want. 614-629-0359.
• Springfield Museum of Art, 107 Cliff Park Road, Springfield, presents “Ponds, Gardens and Shadows: Paintings by Jennifer Rosengarten” through Jan. 7. Wednesday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $5 adults, $3 students and seniors, children 17 and under, free. 937-325-4673.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Mama Mia” through Oct. 28. Times vary. Tickets: $61-$75 includes dinner. www.lacomedia.com.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents an exhibit, “Alphonse Mucha: Master of Art Nouveau—Selections from the Dhawan Collection,” through Dec. 31. Exhibit admission: $14 adults, $11 seniors, students 18 and older and active military, $6 children 7 to 17, free for members and children 6 and under. 937-223-4278.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, exhibits “Cooperative Works by Kevin Russell and Richard Paldino” through Nov. 26. Monday, 7 to 9 p.m., Tuesday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday-Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Allen County Museum, 620 W. Market St., Lima, exhibits “Allen County in the Great War” through Nov. 11. Tuesday through Friday, 1 to 5 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 1 to 4 p.m. Free. 419-222-9426.
• Johnson-Humrickhouse Museum, 300 N. Whitewoman St., Coshocton, opens and exhibit, “WWI Posters—Rallying the Home Front,” which runs through Dec. 31. Open Tuesday through Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. Admission: $4 adults, $3 children. 740-622-8710.
• Gateway Arts Council, 216 N. Miami Ave., exhibits “Retrospectively Yours,” artwork by Herman Thompson, which runs through Nov. 10, weekdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free. 937-498-2787.
• Piqua Public Library, 116 W. High St., Piqua, exhibits “Travel Photography as Art,” works by Mike Underwood, through October. Free. 937-773-6753.
• Ohio State Reformatory, 100 Reformatory Road, Mansfield, presents “Escape from Blood Prison,” Thursdays through Sundays through Nov. 5 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Haunted prison tours for people 13 and older. Very scary. Tickets: $20-$40 at www.bloodprison.com.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, exhibits “Andrew F. Dailey, Drawings Paintings and Mark T. Wiesner, Mixed Media Schulpture”,” through Nov. 17. Opening reception, today, 6 p.m. Exhibit hours: Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• Clermont County Kennel Club presents its All Breed Dog Show today through Sunday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., in the Roberts Centre, 123 Gano Road, Wilmington. Free.
• Dayton Theatre Guild, 430 Wayne Ave., Dayton, presents “Majorie Prime” through Sunday. Times vary. Tickets: $13-$20 at www.daytontheatreguild.org/tickets/.
• Lake Eerie Fearfest runs Fridays through Sundays through Oct. 29 and Oct. 31 at Ghostly Manor Thrill Center, 3319 Milan Road, Sandusky. Hours vary. Five haunted houses. Tickets: $15-$25 at www.lakeeeriefearfest.com.
• AMVETS Post 1986, 1319 Fourth Ave., hosts a fish and chicken fry from 4 to 7 p.m. Dine in or carry out. Meals: $7.
• Miami County Park District hosts a Souper Walk from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Maple Ridge Reserve, 10430 state Route 185, Covington. Hike and cup of soup. Free. register at miamicountyparks.com.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, opens an exhibit, “Beyond Impressionism: Paris, Fin de Siecle: Signac, Redon, Toulouse-Lautrec and Their Contemporaries,“ which runs through Jan. 21. Exhibit hours vary. Museum admission: Adults $14; seniors, $8; students 18 and older, $8; students 6-17, $5; children 5 and under, free; Sundays free; Thursdays 5 to 9 p.m., pay what you want. 614-629-0359.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, presents Haunted Woods, today, Sunday and Oct. 28-29, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Luminary-lit nonscary trail, face painting, storytelling, refreshments. Admission: $5 members, $7 nonmembers. 937-698-6493.
• Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra presents “PhilharMonster Halloween Concert” at 2 p.m. in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Costume parade, crafts, scavenger hunt, instrument petting zoo, treats and concert. Tickets: $22 adults, $14 cuildren, at www.daytonperformingarts.org.
• A.B. Graham Memorial Center, 8025 E. state Route 36, Conover, hosts its fall festival and bingo from 5 to 9 p.m. Dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. Children’s costume parade at 6 p.m. Children’s games, cake walk, bingo at 7 p.m. Meals: $7 adults, children 12 and under $4. Bingo cards, 25 cents each.
• Darke County Parks presents the Great Pumpkin Hunt at 1 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Children’s scavenger hunt. Costumes encouraged. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165. Admission: $6.
• The 12th annual Autumn Artisans Showcase will be in the Monroe Grange hall, 4729 Peters Road, Tipp City, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Handmade crafts, door prizes, food.
• Miami County Park District offers Sketching Nature for adults at 10 a.m. in the Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, Tipp City. Hike and sketch class. Take sketching tools. And a Healthy Cooking class for beginners, at 11 a.m. and a nature play date at 2 p.m. in the Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 state Route 41, Troy. Advance registration required for art class; fee: $7 with sketch pad, $2 without pad and for cooking class; fee $5, at miamicountyparks.com.
• Shelby County Soil and Water Conservation District hosts Forestry Field Day from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Kemper farm, 6620 Patterson-Halpin Road. Hikes, demonstrations, exhibits, contests, Smokey the Bear at 2:30 p.m., food. Free. 492-6520, ext. 3.
• Miami County Park District hosts a storybook program, “Dinner Party for the Birds” from 1 to 3 p.m., a naturalist adventure series program, “Beautiful Beautiful Birds,” from 1 to 4 p.m., and a Music in the Parks program, “Sunset Songs” at 6 p.m., all in the Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, Tipp City. Free. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
Auglaize County Historical Society presents Auglaize County: In Motion, open houses from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Wapakoneta Museum, 206 W. Main St., Wapakoneta; Mooney Museum, 223 S. Main St., St. Marys; Cridersville Historical Society, 111 W. Sugar St., Cridersville; New Knoxville Historical Society, 107 E. German St., New Knoxville; Luelleman House, 120 N. Main St., New Bremen; Pape House, 236 N. main St., New Bremen; and Uniopolis Historical Society, East Ohio Street, Uniopolis. 419-738-9328. Free.
• St. Marys Community Library, 140 S. Chestnut St., St. Marys, presents a talk by hiker-authors Chuck and Beth Hewett about hiking the Buckeye Trail, at 6 p.m. Advance registration at 419-394-7471.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts fun and games for adults at 1 p.m. and Move and Groove to the Music for children in grades K-3 at 6:30 p.m. Advance registration required for games at 419-629-2158.
• New Knoxville Community Library hosts an informational session about essential oils at 6 p.m. Free.
• Darke County Parks hosts an early morning discovery hike for adults at 8 a.m. and Project FeederWatch, bird-watching, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today and Wednesday in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502 W., Greenville. Free. Take binoculars for both events. 937-548-0165.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m.
• Miami County Park District offers Preschool in the Park, “Fun in the Fall,” at 11 a.m. in the Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, Tipp City. Fee: $3. Advance registration required at miamicountyparks.com.
• Dayton Performing Arts Alliance presents the Hofeldt String Duo in concert in the Amber Rose Restaurant, 1400 Valley St., Dayton, at 6:30 p.m. Free.
• AMVETS Post 1986, 1319 Fourth Ave., hosts wing night from 4 to 7 p.m. Dine in or carry out. Wings: 60 cents dine-in; 70 cents carry out.
• Wittenberg University presents a talk, “Neither Safe Nor Right To Go Against Conscience,” by Dr. Joy Schroeder at 7:30 p.m. in the Bayley Auditorium, 200 W. Ward St., Springfield. Free.937-327-7363.
• New Knoxville Community Library hosts story time for children 3 to first grade at 3:45 p.m.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and a book discussion with coffee and dessert, Book Buzz, for adults at 1 p.m.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit event listings to firstname.lastname@example.org.