• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents “Mad River Rising” through Nov. 14. Times vary. Tickets $30-$45 at 800-582-3208 and www.cincyplay.com.
• Piano Works, 48 W. Main St., Logan, hosts Random Acts of Art from noon to 6 p.m., daily, through Saturday. Music, dance, art to do and see. 740-380-6683.
• Gateway Arts Council Gallery, 216 N. Miami Ave., exhibits works by Chloe McEldowney through Nov. 5. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Free. 498-2787.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Dr., Kettering, opens an exhibit, “Art Ed: An Art Educators’ Exhibition,” which will be on display through Dec. 31. A reception, free and open to the public, will be Dec. 5 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Dayton Art Institute,456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents “Beatrice Coron: Cut Stories” at 8 p.m. Tickets: $30. 937-223-4278 or wwwdaytonartinstitute.org.
• Trick-or-treat in Anna from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in Houston from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in Kettlersville from 6 to 7 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in Lockington from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in Maplewood from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in Minster from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in New Knoxville from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in New Bremen from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in Piqua from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in Port Jefferson from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in Russia from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in Sidney from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• St. Marys Rotary Club presents its Halloween Parade at 5 p.m. beginning the Chestnut Street parking lot. Trick-or-treat in St. Marys from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in Tipp City from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in Troy from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Piqua High School Music Department presents “Little Shop of Horrors” at 7:30 p.m. today and at 8 p.m., Saturday, at the school, 1 Indian Trail, Piqua. Tickets: $8 adults; $5 students. 937-773-6314, ext. 1030.
• Hocking Hills State Park Campground, 19852 State Route 664, Logan, hosts Haunted Hocking, a night-time cave tour at 7 p.m. today and hayrides, costume parade and trick-or-treating Saturday. Camper and cabin fees apply. www.thehockinghills.org/halloween_campout.
• Today is the deadline to register to audition for Ohio Has Talent on Nov.13-14 in Van Wert. 419-238-9223.
• Ace Adventure Resort, 1 Concho Road, Minden, West Virginia, hosts a Haunted Halloween in the Hills of West Virginia, today and Saturday 800-787-3982.
• Sidney Haunted Woods, 2232 W. Russell Road, opens at dark today and Saturday. Admission: $11 adults; $8 children 6-12 and military members; free for children 5 and under. 658-6114.
• Jackson Center Library hosts preschool story time at 11 a.m.
• The Wise Memorial Library in Fort Loramie hosts preschool story time at 10:30 a.m.
• The Russia Library hosts preschool story time at 10:15 a.m.
• Ghost Tours of Troy offers 1-hour, haunted history tours of downtown Troy from 7 to 9 p.m. today and from 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday. Tickets: $10 at www.GhostToursOfTroy.com.
• The Dayton Performing Arts Alliance hosts its ICE-Innovation, Creativity, Excitement gala at 6 p.m. in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Dinner, performances, auctions, dancing. Tickets: $275-$450 at daytonperfromingarts.org/gala. 937-224-3521, ext. 1112.
• Darke County Parkshosts a hike, “Colors at Eidson,” at 9:30 a.m. at Eidson Woods Preserve, Palestine-Union City Road and State Route 502 West, Greenville. Free. 937-548-0165.
• Troy Community Radio screens the movie, “Rocky Horror Picture Show” at 8 and 11 p.m. for people 17 and older at the Mayflower Arts Center, 9 W. Main St., Troy. Tickets: $10-$15 at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2403505.
• Trick-or-treat in Botkins from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in Fort Loramie from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
• Trick-or-treat in Jackson Center from 6 to 7 p.m.
• The Sheets Memorial Library in Botkins hosts preschool story time at 6:30 p.m.
• Anna Community Library screens after-school movies at 3:30 p.m. Free.
• New Bremen Library presents Move and Groove to the Music for children in grades K-3 at 6:30 p.m.
• New Knoxville Library hosts the Lego Builders Club for children 3 to 12 at 3 p.m.
• Anna Community Branch Library hosts Totally Awesome Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to noon for adults. Cards, games, Wii bowling, movie. Free.
• The Stallo Memorial Library in Minster presents story time for children 3 to kindergarten at 10:30 a.m., the Lego Club for children in kindergarten and older at 3:30 p.m., and “Mark Twain’s Guide to Diet, Exercise, Beauty, Fashion, Investment, Romance, Health and Happiness,” a performance by the Largely Literary Theater Co., at 6:30 p.m. Free.
• New Bremen Library presents story time for children younger than first grade at 6:30 p.m.
• Victoria Theatre Association presents “Bullets over Broadway” today through Nov. 8 in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Tickets: $25 and up at 888-228-3630 and www.ticketcenterstage.com.
• The Upper Valley Medical Center Volunteer Auxiliary hosts a book sale from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the UVMC cafeteria on the hospital’s lower level.
• Anna Community Library presents Game Day After School from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
• Jackson Center Library presents Wacky Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.
• New Knoxville Library offers Paws to Read for children in grades K-3 to read to dogs, at 3:15 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts Coffee and Craft for adults at 10:30 a.m. Make a wine bottle craft. Advance registration at 19-628-2925.
• The New Bremen Public Library presents story time for children younger than first grade at 10:30 a.m. and reader’s theater for children in the 4th and 5th grades at 3:30 p.m.
• New Knoxville Library hosts story time for children 3 to first grade at 3 p.m.
• Piqua Public Library, 116 W. High St., Piqua, hosts story time for children newborn through 2 at 10:30 a.m. Advance registration required at 937-773-6753.
• Wilson Health Auxiliary hosts a holiday gift shop sale from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the hospital’s main lobby. 498-5390.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Send items to email@example.com.