DAYTON – Walmart is helping customers in the Dayton area, including Sidney, spring into a new season of better health with a free health screening event.
Since the first Walmart Wellness event in 2014, Walmart has given families peace of mind knowing they’re taking care of themselves and their loved ones through free health screenings and consultations with their neighborhood pharmacist.
Services and information offered include:
- Free total cholesterol, blood pressure, blood glucose and body mass index screenings
- Free consultations with pharmacists to help answer important health questions
- Free vision screenings in select locations
- Low-cost immunizations administered by health professionals (most insurance plans accepted)
- Nutrition information
- Opioid awareness materials
Walmart hosts quarterly wellness events in its stores across the country as part of the retailer’s overall efforts to making quality health care more affordable and accessible. Since 2014, Walmart has conducted more than 3 million free screenings during the wellness events. These screenings have helped customers discover and begin to manage underlying issues such as high blood pressure and diabetes – and in some cases, the screenings have saved customers’ lives.
The wellness events will from from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Dayton area Walmart stores, including the Walmart in Sidney.