CARMEL, Ind. – Round Room LLC, the nation’s largest Verizon authorized retailer, announced that all 526 of its TCC stores donated appreciation boxes to more than 500 schools across the United States, including Sidney High School.
The company’s eighth annual Teachers Rock Supply Giveaway took place during the week of Feb. 15 to show support for teachers who are juggling many education hurdles caused by the coronavirus pandemic. Since 2014, TCC has donated more than 40,000 supply packs to deserving teachers across the country.
Each participating TCC store partnered with a local school to donate supply packs that are valued at more than $360 each. The appreciation packs include many virtual and in-person teaching essentials including snacks, permanent markers, tissue packs, sticky notes, coffee, hand sanitizer and more.
Schools in Ohio that received the supply packs from TCC include:
• Benjamin Logan High School (Bellefontaine)
• Biomed Science Academy (Ravenna)
• Bowman Primary School (Lebanon)
• Brimfield Elementary School (Kent)
• Canton City Schools (Canton)
• East Elementary (Eaton)
• Endeavor Elementary School (West Chester)
• Franklin Monroe High School (Arcanum)
• Holy Trinity Academy and Preschool (Warren)
• Indian Creek Elementary School (Wintersville)
• Kramer Elementary (Oxford)
• London Elementary School (London)
• Midnimo Cross Cultural Middle School (Columbus)
• Norton High School (Norton)
• Orchard Hill Elementary (North Canton)
• Pugliese West Elementary School (Steubenville)
• Sidney High School (Sidney)
• Springdale Elementary School (Springdale)
• Stephen Bell Elementary (Bellbrook)
• Triad Elementary School (North Lewisburg)
• Twinsburg Local Schools (Twinsburg)
• Upper Valley Career Center (Piqua)
“Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, teachers have had to balance a whole new list of concerns,” said Scott Moorehead, CEO of Round Room, parent company of TCC. “About three-fourths of the 100 largest school districts are on complete remote learning, and a little over a quarter of all districts began the year with a hybrid approach. Despite the challenges and changes they are facing, our teachers continue to put forth their best effort to positively influence our youth. It is more important than ever that we show our deep appreciation for their efforts.”
Round Room operates 1,241 TCC and Wireless Zone stores across 43 states.
In 2020, TCC donated more than 140,000 backpacks with school supplies at TCC stores across the country, marking more than 1 million backpacks donated since the campaign launched in 2013. The company’s nonprofit organization, TCC Gives, recently surpassed $2.5 million in donations to local nonprofits across the country.
More information about the Teachers Rock Giveaway is available at www.TCCRocks.com.
To learn more about TCC, visit www.TCCRocks.com. Customers also can connect with the company at www.facebook.com/tcctalk and www.twitter.com/tcctalk.