COLUMBUS — The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians is now accepting nominations from the public for its 2017 Family Physician of the Year award.
From the nominees, the OAFP Awards Workgroup will select a family physician recipient who meets the following preliminary criteria:
• Is currently and has been member of the OAFP for a meaningful period of time.
• Is currently in practice.
• Has at least 10 years of post-residency experience.
• Is an outstanding family physician role model.
• Maintains high professional standards and service orientation.
• Provides high quality, family-centered, continuing health care.
• Is active in the community, education, or other public affairs.
The deadline for nominations is March 17. Nominations can be submitted online at https://www.alareg.com/_2017FamilyPhysicianoftheYear and letters of nomination can be sent to: OAFP Awards Workgroup, Attn: Director of Communications Megan Smith, Ohio Academy of Family Physicians, 4075 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43214-3296.
To verify if a family physician is a member of the OAFP, nominators may email email@example.com or call 800-742-7327.