MILWAUKEE, Wisc. — The Bon-Ton Stores Inc., which operates Bon-Ton, Boston Store, Bergner’s, Carson’s, Elder-Beerman, Herberger’s and Younkers stores, has announced that local nonprofit groups can participate in the company’s Community Days fundraiser.
Organizations and school groups can sign up now at communitydayevent.com to begin raising money by selling savings booklets in their neighborhoods and online to benefit their organizations.
Since 1999, this event has helped thousands of local nonprofit, 501(c)(3)-designated groups and schools raise more than $148 million to support local community initiatives. In 2017, Community Days groups raised $9.2 million during this semi-annual event with dollars raised directly impacting their organizations and local community. Nonprofit groups participating have ranged in focus from education, health and environmental causes to arts and culture, animal welfare and many more.
Bon-Ton Stores lists the following as the top five benefits for 501(c)(3)-designated, nonprofit organizations and school groups who participate:
• All materials are provided to organizations at no cost.
• For a $5 donation, donors receive a $500 savings booklet, including a $10 off coupon.
• 100 percent of the $5 booklet fee collected is retained by the participating organization.
• Groups of any size, big or small, can participate and help fulfill their fundraising goals.
• Donors can buy online. Groups can choose to participate by using a personalized, online-selling link provided for use in social media, email or website. Booklets ship with free delivery.
Community Days savings booklets can be used in all Bon-Ton, Boston Store, Bergner’s, Carson’s, Elder-Beerman, Herberger’s or Younkers stores or online from March 1 through March 3.