SIDNEY – Jail terms were handed to several defendants recently in Shelby County Common Pleas Court.
• James Cornett, 35, 981 Buckeye St., was sentenced to prison in two cases. He was ordered serve his time consecutively.
He was sentenced to 11 months with the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC) on one count of breaking and entering. He was also ordered to pay $115 in restitution.
Judge James Stevenson also handed down a sentence of nine months with the ODRC for a charge of failing to appear in court.
• Carl Crawford, 31, received 12 months with the ODRC following a probation violation. Crawford violated his probation when he assaulted a person while at the Western Ohio Regional Treatment and Habilitation (WORTH) Center in Lima. His original charge was possession of drugs.
• Jordan A. Mabes, 27, was sentenced to 160 days in the Shelby County Jail on a charge of petty theft. He was also charged with failure to appear in court on Dec. 13, 2016.
• Karen S. Schloss, 53, 824 Fourth Ave. Apt. B, received a sentence of 12 months at the Marysville Reformatory for Women for a probation violation. She was convicted on a charge of possession of drugs.
• Alexander S. Crusey, 21, received 18 months with the ODRC on a probation violation. He was originally found guilty of attempted burglary.
• Billy J. Cooke, 28, ordered to serve 18 months with the ODRC on a probation violation on the charge of trafficking in drugs.
• Jonathan Schaffner, 40, at large, was released from the county jail for time served on a probation violation for failure to verify his address.
• Veronica L. Edwards, 33, was ordered to be admitted to the WORTH Center in Lima on a charge of possession of drugs.