NEW KNOXVILLE — Federal funding will cover half the cost of a network upgrade for New Knoxville Local Schools.
During its regular meeting, Nov. 23, the New Knoxville Board of Education approved the purchase of the technology from OME9A Solutions LLC in the amount of $27,199.50. The Upgrade is necessary to support the bandwidth needed by students and teachers in the classrooms. Technology has not been updated since 2006.
In other business, the board:
• Accepted a $6,500 donation from the Athletic Booster Club in support of the athletic department.
• Hired Pam Grew as a substitute teacher and Cassandra mcGue as a scoreboard operator.
• Changed the date of the December board meeting to Dec. 21 at 7 p.m. The meeting will be in the school library.
• Heard reports from Kim Waterman, Jenny Fledderhohann and Linda Wolf.
• Went into executive session to discuss personnel matters.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824. Follow her on Twitter @PASpeelmanSDN.