FORT LORAMIE — Fort Loramie Local Schools will purchase a new school bus following action Nov. 23 by the board of education.
The board approved the purchase of a 2016 Bluebird, 84-passenger bus from Cardinal Bus Sales Inc. at a net cost of $88,350. The price includes camera system and automatic lube system options and a discount and trade-in deduction of $4,200.
In other business, the board:
• Approved the treasurer to authorize bond council to begin preparing the resolution to refund the 06 and 07 bonds.
• Accepted donations of $122.57 from Marco’s Pizza in support of the playground, of $21 from Shelby County Recycling in support of FCCLA, and of $40 from miscellaneous sources in support of the Elementary Room Fund.
• Set basketball season ticket prices at $60 for adults at boys’ games, $40 for students at boys’ games, and $240 for families at boys’ games; $66 for adults at girls’ games, $44 for students at girls’ games, and $264 for families at girls’ games; and $126 for adults at all games; $84 for students at all games, and $504 for families at all games. Family prices are based on two adults and three students. There will be 11 home boys’ games and 12 home girls’ games.
• Adopted changes to board policies to remain current with legislation.
• Hired Norma Humphreys, Jane Kerrigan and Stephanie Stueve as K-1 tutors; Abby Lightle as junior varsity softball coach at a fee of $2,278.57; Ryan Schulze as junior varsity baseball coach at a fee of $2,278.57, Brad Turner as varsity softball coach at a fee of $4,882.65, Kevin Wrasman as track coach/coordinator at a fee of $6,607.85, Ben Barhorst as junior high track coach at a fee od $1,302.04, Ashley Harrod and Rick Scheer as high school track assistants at fees of $862.60 and $960.26, respectively, Kristin Heitkamp and Anne Rethman as junior high track coaches at fees of $651.02 each, Bev Kauffman as viarsity basketball cheer adviser at a fee of $2,359.95, Mike Schieltz as assistant varsity baseball coach at a fee of $2,766.84, Bryce Stewart as assistant junior varsity baseball coach at a fee of 1,790.31, Bill Sturwold as varsity baseball coach at a fee of $4,882.65, Nick Turner as Assistant varsity softball coach at a fee of $2,359,95, Denise Marchal as assistant junior varsity softball coach at a fee of $1,302.04, Mike Ballas and Dustin Detrick as volunteer track coaches/advisers, Ron Frey as volunteer softball coach/adviser, Travis Pulfur as volunteer baseball coach/adviser and Andy Grewe as substitute classified personnel.
• Heard reports from elementary Prinicipal Scott Rodeheffer concerning the spelling bee, the third-grade fall AIR ELA test, the elementary Christmas program and fifth-grade DARE graduation.
• Heard reports from junior/senior high school Principal Kreg Hollenbacher concerning a grant from State Farm Insurance, the AAA safety challenge, a band trip and a senior citizens’ breakfast.
• Heard reports from Superintendent Daniel B. Holland concerning scoreboard header installation at the high school gymnasium and softball dugout repair, a county ESC meeting at Fort Loramie and a potential LED lighting project at the elementary building.
• Went into executive session to discuss personnel matters.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824. Follow her on Twitter @PASpeelmanSDN.