HOUSTON — The Hardin-Houston Board of Education met Monday night. In addition to accepting a $10,000 donation from Cargill Cares for the construction of a greenhouse, the board authorized the purchase of a 2016 eighty-four passenger bus from Cardinal Bus Sales for $90,180.
The board employed the following on one year supplemental contracts for the 2015-2016 school year:
• Brad Allen, varsity baseball, $3,124.44
• Scott Hillard, assistant baseball, $1,562.22
• Ron Boeke, boys varsity track, $4,686.66
• Bill McKinney, boys assistant track, $2,343.33
• Ron Boeke, indoor HS co-ed track, $1,406
• Brent New, varsity softball, $4,686.66
• Tammy Vondenhuevel, assistant softball, $2,343.33
• Jacob Benanzer, girls varsity track, $3,124.44
• Sharon Roeth, girls assistant track, $1,562.22
The board approved maternity leave for teacher Lisa Koesters, for approximately 9 weeks beginning Feb. 22, 2016 and approved unpaid leave for Bus drive Lee Wemmer, as approved by the superintendent.
The board employed Melissa Kinnison, effective Dec. 21, 2015 as a substitute bus driver at $18 per hour, contingent upon successful background check and proper licensure.
In other business the board:
• Authorized renewal of membership to Ohio School Boards Association for 2016, and to include subscriptions for School Management News and Briefcase.
• Approved the armed response team manual, as presented.
• Approved the full maintenance program agreement, from Slagle Mechanical, for the HVAC system in the amount of $16,974.00 for the period of Nov. 1, 2016 to Dec. 31, 2018, as presented.
• Selected it’s president pro tem for the reorginaizational meeting as High School Principal Ryan Maier and moved the January 2016, reorganizational and regular meeting date to Monday, Jan. 11, 2016, to comply with the Ohio Revised Code.