FORT LORAMIE — Scott D. Rodeheffer will continue as Fort Loramie Elementary School principal for another four years, following action by the board of education, Dec. 21.
The board issued a four-year, limited administrative contract to Rodeheffer for 240 days per year.
In other action, the board:
• Adopted resolutions to authorize the refunding and consolidation of two existing school improvement general obligation bonds. Refunding, which is the same as refinancing, according to school system Treasurer Danyel Spillers, will allow the board to get cost savings. The total of the two bonds, and of the consolidated bond, is not to exceed $7,990,000.
• Approved membership in the Ohio School Boards Association for 2016 at a cost for dues of $2,817.
• Accepted a $400 donation in support of Power of the Pen from Fort Loramie ACE and a $100 donation in support of FCCLA from the Allen County auditor.
• Approved a revised board policy.
• Approved the hire of Kyle Knapke and Jennifer Paulus as musical assistants at a salary of $813.78 each, Jodi Wenning as high school track assistant at a salary of $1,725, one substitute teacher at a rate of $80 per day, and Gerogia Gaier, Doug Heitkamp and Amy Wrasman as volunteer track coaches.
• Set the annual organization meeting for Jan. 4 at 7 p.m. and designated Diane Pleiman as president pro tempore to preside at the meeting.
• Adopted a proclamation for the state recognition for football.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824. Follow her on Twitter @PASpeelmanSDN.