Editor’s note: In advance of the upcoming election, the Sidney Daily News will publish a question each week that will provide readeres with information about the levy in support of Sidney City Schools that will be on the ballot. Questions and answers are provided by Sidney City Schools.
SIDNEY — What is the mission of Sidney City Schools and how is the school district fulfilling it?
Working with the collective community–parents, students, community members, school, and staff–SCS offers to each of the 3,328 young people, a buffet of opportunities.
It is the mission of Sidney City Schools to provide a superior education and ensure that ALL students realize their maximum potential. The wide variety of academic, extra-curricular and social activities the district offers helps them do just that.
The district provides a “total package” of educational experiences for ALL students, including:
• All day Kindergarten for all students
• Smaller neighborhood elementary schools
• Workforce Academy Program at SMS and SHS
• Academia team has won 11 consecutive county championship and is state ranked.
• Vo-ag program at SHS
• 70+ extra-curricular activities
• Award-winning music programs, including band, orchestra and choir.
• 24 College Credit Plus classes offered on the SHS campus by SHS teachers
• Alternative learning experiences – SVLA online learning, Opportunity School, Sidney Alternative School, credit recovery over the summertime
• School security officers at all seven schools – actively trained school response teams
• Dedicated teachers and staff
• Diverse student population
For more information, visit www.sidneyschoolslevy.org or call Superintendent Bob Humble at 937-497-2200.