SIDNEY — Bill Ankney was re-elected president of the Sidney City Schools Board of Education Wednesday night during the organizational meeting.
Ankney, who served as president in 2015, will be joined by Paul Heins, who was elected vice president.
Heins, Bob Smith and new board members Mandi Croft and Chip Hix were sworn into office after being elected to office by voters in the November election.
In the organizational portion of the meeting, the board:
• Authorized treasurer Mike Watkins to request tax advances from the Shelby County Auditor as soon as funds are available for distribution during 2016.
• Authorized the treasurer to pay all bills up to $25,000 that are non-recurring and other recurring bills as they are presented.
• Appointed Superintendent John Scheu as purchasing agent for the district.
• Appointed Watkins as investment officer with authority to invest any interim funds with the goal of maximizing revenue for the district.
• Appointed Scheu as Civil Rights compliance officer for the district.
• Appointed Scheu as district grievance officer and Eric Finke as assistant grievance officer.
• Appointed Hugh Aukerman as suspension appeal/expulsion hearing officer and Brooke Gessler as alternate hearing officer.
• Appointed Tamara Drerup as the Section 504 compliance officer.
• Set the board of education meeting dates for calendar year 2016. The board will meet the first and third Mondays of each month with the exception of June, July and August when they will only meet on the third Monday. The second meetings in February and September will be held on Feb. 16 and Sept. 6 because of President’s Day and Labor Day. All meetings will be held at the board of education office. Meetings begin at 6 p.m. except for June 20, July 18 and Aug. 15 when meetings begin at 5:30 p.m.
• Approved board member representative appointments of Smith, legislative liaison; Hix, Community Foundation liaison; Croft, Hall of Honor representative, and Wakins, public records designee.
The board’s next meeting will be Monday, Feb. 1, at the board of education office at 6 p.m.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4822; follow her on Twitter @MelSpeicherSDN. Follow the SDN on Facebook, www.facebook.com/SidneyDailyNews.