NEW KNOXVILLE — Members of the New Knoxville Local Schools Board of Education elected Shawn Egbert their president and Brian Lammers their vice president during their organizational meeting Jan. 11.
They voted to meet every fourth Monday of the month at 7 p.m. in the New Knoxville School.
In approving a consent agenda, the board also:
• Appointed the superintendent to be te Title IX compliance officer, the purchasing agent and the sexual harassment grievance officer.
• Authorized the superintendent to apply for federal funds, employ temporary personnel as needed in emergencies, approve course work for credit reimbursement, approve personal leave days, approve curricular and cocurricular bus trips and attend in-services and state meetings.
• Authorized the treasurer to modify appropriations and report them to the board, invest inactive funds, pay bills, attend in-services and state meetings.
• Authorized principals to attend professional meetings.
• Authorized board members to attend in-services and state meetings.
• Designated the St. Marys Evening Leader as its newspaper of record.
• Recognized the New Knoxville Education Association as the bargaining unit.
• Named the following board members to their respective committees: Shawn Egbert, Transportation and Buildings and Grounds; Ryan Miltner, Negotiations, Legislative and SSDAN alternate delegate; Brian Lammers, Athletics and SSDAN delegate; Bill Katterheinrich, Building and Grounds and Tri Star board representative; Michelle Neuman, Technology and Student Achievement Liaison.
During the regular board meeting, which followed the organizational meeting, the board accepted an anonymous donation of weight room equipment estimated to be worth more than $54,500.
The board also approved the purchase of weight room flooring from Thor Performance Products Inc., in the amount of $15,043.84, to be paid from the Schrolucke Capital Improvement Trust Fund.
In other business, the board:
• Approved the FY2016 permanent appropriations.
• Approved the 2016 nodified tax budget.
• Hired Samantha Fledderjohann as the junior high track coach.
• Approved family and medical leave for Ted Rupert and Stephanie Boyle Fledderjohann.
• Watched a presentation by students Makayla Henegar, Shannon McCabe and Sam Stone and teacher Sharon Wittler of new photo sculpting software.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824. Follow her on Twitter @PASpeelmanSDN.