BOTKINS — There will soon be lights in the Athletic Complex parking lot.
At the Botkins Board of Education meeting on Feb. 10, the board approved the purchase and installation of lights from Greve Electric for $24,700.
Also at the meeting the board approved the purchase of a 30 passenger bus and a truck through Buckeye Ford.
The board approved the following donations:
• $2,400 from the Athletic Boosters for the Jeff Roberts Memorial Scholarship
• $1,000 from the Community Club for the Community Club Scholarship
• $508 from anonymous donors for the Cara Meyer Scholarship
The board heard from Eric Guckes who came to represent the Soccer Club to request the use of Cole Field for soccer for Spring 2016 (from March to June) practice field only. In the Fall of 2016 they will need 2 fields. They will also like to use Cole Field and east of the school. They would like four fields. They will visit the grass condition in the fall.
Casey Dietz was also in attendance to ask for permission to use Cole Field for summer baseball.
Jody Underwood was present to address concerns with the basketball programs for grades 5 to 8 and how students are coached and the goals of the programs. She would like to see a more positive approach for all.
The board approved the following overnight trips:
• Sixth-grade trip to Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village on May 12 and 13, 2016.
• FFA State Convention in Columbus on May 5 and 6, 2016.
• FFA Washington Leadership Conference from June 21 to June 26, 2016.
• FCCLA State Convention in Columbus on April 28 and 29, 2016.
The board also hired the following personnel:
• Jodi Grillot as a tutor
• Jennifer Luebke as a tutor
• Kelli Lopuch as a substitute teacher
They approved Logan Pitts as a student observer in Mrs. Meyer’s classroom for the remainder of the 2015-16 school year.
The board approved the treasurer’s report by fund, the investment report, and cash balance report as presented. Transportation funding was an increase.
They will have new graduation requirements, which were reviewed. They will begin for the class of 2018. An update was given on the status of the current sophomores.
It was also announced that they now have an Adobe licenses per a grant that was received for the Business Department.
The board changed the regular March board meeting to Monday, March 14, 2016 due to a conflict. Before the regular meeting, at 6 p.m., they will have a special meeting with the village council in the media center.