FORT LORAMIE — Students and teachers buying lunch at school during the 2015-16 school year will pay 10 cents more per lunch than they paid during the 2014-15 school year.
The Fort Loramie Local Schools Board of Education approved the increase during its regular meeting, July 2o. Each lunch will cost $2.60 for students in grades K-6; $2.75 for students in grades 7-12; $3 plus the cost of a drink for adults. Milk will sell for 35 cents per carton.
In other business, the board:
• Approved 2015-16 student fees, including a $345 fee for driver’s training.
• Approved the following per hour facility rental fees for 2015-16: elementary gym or junior high gym, $25; elementary or junior/senior high cafeteria or classrooms in either building, $15; elementary stage, $15; high school gym, $45; junior/senior high chorus or band room, $20.
• Accepted the following donations: $100 from Emerson to support the class of 2016; $250 from the board of education to support the scholarship fund; $109.23 from the board of education to support the discretionary incentive fund.
• Approved bids from Nickles Bakery Inc. and Reinhard Dairy to provide bakery items and dairy items, respectively, for the 2015-16 school year.
• Approved substitute pay rates as follows: classroom teacher, $80 per day; nonroute bus driver, $12.90 per hour; field trip driver, $11.30 per hour; special route driver, $8.45 per hour; cafeteria worker, $8.25 per hour; custodian, $9.50 per hour; secretary, $8.50-$9 per hour; monitor, $8.10 per hour; teacher’s aide, $8.50 per hour; on route bus driver, $20 per hour; weight room monitor, $8.10 per hour.
• Approved an agreement with the Russia Local School Board of Education to provide driver’s education services to Russia students at the rate of $395 per student.
• Approved an extra seven days’ pay to Athletic Director Damon A. Smith for his work on interviews and scoreboard installation.
• Authorized receiving bids to purchase an 84-passenger bus.
• Approved Mercer Group Inc. to complete the baseball field infield-renovation project.
• Approved the following employment contracts: Thomas Wisener, assistant athletic director, $8,000; Travis Pulfur and Brandon Phlipot, junior high football, $1,627.55 each; Kevin Wrasman, $1,953.06; Victoria Holthaus, junior high football cheer adviser, $732.40, and junior high basketball cheer advisor, $1,057.91; Brian Dean, volunteer girls tennis coach.
Approved the following substitute school bus drivers: Phillip Barhorst, Kevin J. Geise, David J. Goldschmidt, Ryan Goldschmidt, Daniel B. Holland, Brenda A. Hoying, Robert Hoying, Susan A. Kaufman, Jenny Knouff, Kirk M. Motter, Jordan Pleiman, Matt J. Pleiman, Robert E. Reed, Scott D. Rodeheffer, Jeffrey Schulze, Bradley A. Turner, John C. Turner and Kevin Wrasman.
• Approved the 2015-16 elementary school student handbook.
• Changed the time of the August meeting to 8 p.m., Aug. 17.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824. Follow her on Twitter @PASpeelmanSDN.
Source: unapproved meeting minutes