SIDNEY — Resignations was accepted and contracts awarded during the May meeting of the Fairlawn Local Schools Board of Education meeting.
The board accepted the resignations of Deanna Walker as the in-school restriction coordinator; Justin Tidwell, aide; and Olivia Cummings, aide.
Contracts were awarded to Shelly Mann, musical director, $2,369.09, fall drama production dinner theatre director, $1,184.54, and Drama Club adviser, $1,579.39; Jennifere Cardo, assistant musical director, $756.79; Elizabeth Maxson, choreography for the musical, $500; and Jamie Fridley, head soccer coach, $3,290.40. All were given one-year contracts.
Aaron Cox was given a one-year contract for the musical sound system for the 2016-17 school year. He will be paid $500.
The board went into two executive sessions to discuss employment or compensation of an employee.
In other business, the board:
• Approved Cetera Investment Services LLC as an investment broker for the district.
• Approved the student handbook for the 2016-17 school year.
• Approved the social justice curriculum.
• Approved the graduating seniors.
• Approved membership in the Ohio High School Athletic Association for the 2016-17 school year.
The board’s next meeting is Thursday, June 9, at 6:30 p.m. in Room 122 at the school.