NEW KNOXVILLE — There will be new high school track and cross country coaches at New Knoxville High School this fall, following action by the New Knoxville Local Schools Board of Education during its regular meeting, July 27.
The board accepted the resignation of cross country coach Nick Wirwille and then hired him as the track coach. It also accepted the resignation of track coach Jerry VanderHorst. Stephanie Boyle Fledderjohann was hired as a high school language arts teacher and the high school cross country coach. John Sailer was hired as junior high track co-coach and Nikki Shreve was hired as a volunteer assistant volleyball coach.
In other action, the board:
• Approved a Tri Star equipment referral.
• Approved the cost for relocating the street light standards.
• Accepted the donation of a hand pallet jack, valued at $449, from Crown Equipment Corp., for use by the custodians.
• Approved the 2015-2016 school lunch and milk prices.
• Approved 2015-2016 school fees.
• Approved Nickle’s Bakery as the bread supplier for the 2015-2016 school year.
• Approved Reinhard Dairy as the milk and juice supplier for the 2015-2016 school year.
• Certified that New Knoxville School is in compliance with the nutrition standards governing the types of food and beverages that may be sold on school premises.
• Approved a resolution authorizing the Southwest Ohio EPC to advertise and receive bus bids on the district’s behalf for the cooperative purchase of a school bus.
• Learned that sidewalk replacement will be complete before school starts.
Phil Kuck reported that the deadline for people interested in becoming a New Knoxville School Board member is quickly approaching. Forms, petition signatures and registration fees must be submitted to the Board of Elections by Aug. 5.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824. Follow her on Twitter @PASpeelmanSDN.